Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   '04 Yamaha Road Star Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1904-04-yamaha-road-star-feedback.html)

Holy_Kaw 06-07-2003 03:51 AM

Re: Non-prudent actions to avoid...

As usual, well said Bob. I hereby banish all safety Nazis (they KNOW what's better for you) to get a life and stop worrying about mine, and fashion police (don't worry about my clothes you Nancy boy) back into their respective closets or under their rocks.

Holy_Kaw 06-07-2003 03:55 AM

Re: Stupid helmet

You looking for a medal, or a chest to pin it on?

MrDeadeye 06-07-2003 04:55 AM

Re: '04 Yamaha Road Star Feedback

I'm surprised they still find suckers to buy these. What a Road Star buyer REALLY wants is a Harley, but he can't afford one, so he compromises and gets the Royal Star. So he ends up with a bike that looses $6K in value as he rolls it off the showroom floor and gets only ridicule from the real Harley riders he wants to emulate. In fact, the only people ever to be impressed by a bike like this are people who don't know anything about bikes (and think it is a Harley). I'm not a cruiser rider, but if I wanted a cruiser, I'd get the real thing. If I HAD to get a metric cruiser, I'd buy used and let somebody else get raped on the resale value.

Buzglyd 06-07-2003 05:09 AM

That's because Harley doesn't build cruisers. Harley builds Harleys.

Japanese companies build cruisers.

sarnali 06-07-2003 05:50 AM

Re: i wouldn't hit my dawg in the butt ...

If you go to mini-clips.com you can play "dancing Bush", you can set up dico lights and all that stuff, Plus you can shoot penguins off icebergs with an ice cube shooter, fun for the whole family!

Betamax 06-07-2003 07:01 AM

whatever

ebass 06-07-2003 07:27 AM

Apology accepted

Motojournalism is a small pond Brasfield, and I suppose you don't get to choose who else swims in it so I'm sure our paths will cross at various junctures in the future. Who knows, maybe you won't turn out to be half as big of an a$$hole in person.

I'm new to this thing so I wasn't aware that it was acceptable behavior for such an accomplished figure as yourself to go on another writer's website and heckle and disparage him in front of his readers. Thanks for taking me under your wing though and showing me how a real pro does things.

Frankly, I'm surprised that a big shot such as yourself has the time for such nonsense. I'm realy quite flattered that you feel my work has merited such attention and scrutiny.

As for our little verbal sparring match, I'm satisfied that it has reached it's logical conclusion, and sanity has prevailed. The proverbial battle of wits with an unarmed man gets old fast anyway. Next time, Eva, don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

Hope you enjoyed your spanking naughty girl. Come on back anytime you want more of the same!

EBass

Buzglyd 06-07-2003 07:56 AM

Go terrorize a minivan.

KPaulCook 06-07-2003 09:22 AM

EBass is defintely MO material

Excellent post. You have made a fan out of me. But as longride will tell you I am the resident idiot so that may be a bad thing. :) Keep up the good work, I like your sense of humor.

Dynaguy 06-07-2003 12:05 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......