Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-06-2003, 11:53 AM   #91
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default Re: last time i checked ....

i'm agreeing. sorry to be unclear. i was halfway thinking of one of the other threads.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2003, 12:09 PM   #92
lostdog
Founding Member

Default Re: FYI

Here's my apology:

Mr. Bass, I, Evans Brasfield, apologize for calling you a poser. Since your helmet was DOT legal, I was clearly mistaken and leapt to the wrong conclusion.* You did not besmirch the great sport of motorcycling and are a credit to the human race. (SB would be proud.) However, I stand by my suggestion of a trip to HPRL to see if your helmet really lives up to its DOT rating.

Here's my response to being called a hypocrite:

Other than the lead shot of the article in question (Can anyone say "pun?" Or "closed course?" I knew you could.), you'll notice that I'm wearing drag racing leathers, a full face helmet, gloves, and drag racing boots during the actual riding. I would rank the shot of me in a skirt as being on par with you in a bathrobe. Both are pretty scary, IMO.

Still, I'm constantly amazed at how many people are not secure enough in their claimed heterosexuality that they feel the need point out how revolted they are by my wearing a skirt and a wig during a photo shoot. Don't worry, I'm not going to ask you out on a date. I prefer people who wear full protection.

Evans

* Silly me, I forgot that Yamaha wouldn't let you borrow their bike without a legal helmet.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 12:11 PM   #93
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default I haven't avoided many!

I've commited the worst crime by living in Chicago! After going through your list, I would say I think I violated at least 25 in the list, and probably 50 more that aren't. Hopefully, we can all grow to be like Evans some day. All we need is a bad first name and a lobotomy. If this is the journo from Sport Rider, he's got a severe problem. Maybe EB got caught screwing this guy's chick or something.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:21 PM   #94
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Evans, please go away

Evans, you aren't a hypocrite. A$$hole is more like it. How about we test his helmet by cracking your skull with it? If it doesn't pass, we still accomplished a worthy goal. Ridding the world of another safety nazi is high on anyone's "To Do" list. Getting away from your kind of bullshyt is exactly why most of us are here, and not reading you. So far, you have endeared yourself to KPaulCook, the resident idiot here, so you should be proud.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:26 PM   #95
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: '04 Yamaha Road Star Feedback

I bet I know where you can find a recently traded Suzuki Bandit1200!
Old 06-06-2003, 01:29 PM   #96
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: i wouldn't hit my dawg in the butt ...

Maybe you guys should wish for Bill Clinton in darg. You're much more likely to see it.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:31 PM   #97
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: I haven't avoided many!

I don't think he wrote for Sport Rider - I think it was MC Cruiser or Cruising Rider or Rider or one of those.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:12 PM   #98
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Stupid helmet

Tell ya what, go to your local library (you obviously don't read or have books at your house other than a TV guide and the instructions for your vibrator), get a dictionary and you would find the following piece of information in it:

Pun = "A play on words, sometimes on different senses of the same word and sometimes on the similar sense or sound of different words."

Old 06-06-2003, 02:17 PM   #99
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: I haven't avoided many!

Nevermind, I guess that link from the homophobe below answers your question.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:30 PM   #100
rider_md
Founding Member

Default Re: '04 Yamaha Road Star Feedback

first of all the review:

overall, entertaining. HOWEVER, a bit rambling, and at the time, i just wanted the digits... ie. TELL ME HOW IT RODE. i had to scroll down and skim for awhile until i got there. but once we got there, the meat was there...

ANYWAYS... re: this bike,

the victory vegas is still prettier.
rider_md is offline   Reply With Quote