Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   FirstGear Flaming Coat Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1901-firstgear-flaming-coat-reader-feedback.html)

Mooner 06-03-2003 04:01 PM

Re: FirstGear Flaming Coat Reader Feedback

"I don't believe in conclusions -- it's this simple: If you really want a jacket with flames on it, buy this one, I like it and wear it all the time. If you don't like, don't buy it."

Hey Ebass, nice dodge on the review, but tell us what you really think! Seems more like a press release. "See this jacket with flames, its made of leather. It's a leather jacket, it has pockets. Its a flamed and pocketed leather jacket."

-Just a friendly jab, buddy

ebass 06-03-2003 04:17 PM

Let's see that moon, Mooner

I got a very special friendly jab for ya'!

;)

Sorry for the inconclusiveness. Next time I'll throw the jacket on the dyno and offer more hard data. In case you haven't noticed, my product reviews are largely devoted to showing you guys some cool products, offering the specs, my impressions for what they're worth, and most importantly offering a showcase for my razor sharp wit!

Relax, enjoy, and if you wanna know how well anything does in a crash test, test it your darn self and for God's sake man, be sure to get it on video!

Your disloyal servant,

EBass

seruzawa 06-03-2003 08:13 PM

Next time get Bree to model it rather than that skinhead.....

southwindphoto 06-04-2003 03:51 AM

Speaking of crash test

Speaking of crash test

I do wish Congress would fund a new motorcycle crash study.

And this time instead of giving us useful information like "those with less experience are more likely to have wrecks", I would like a true to life crash test study focusing on different garments.

No I am not suggesting we use US terrorist being held in Cuba; be pitched off the back of a pickup truck at 70 mph warring different MO gear.

I am saying they can use a weighted dummy and do a scientific test using all the latest jackets from different manufactures.

Including; mesh, leather, Cordova, nylon, jeans/cotton, Kevlar, etc

Especially those with different kinds of body armor build in.

longride 06-04-2003 03:58 AM

Re: Speaking of crash test

"I am saying they can use a weighted dummy and do a scientific test ..."

How heavy does KPaul have to be?? LOL

SmokeU 06-04-2003 04:09 AM

Re: Speaking of crash test

*****, I'd volunteer to do something like that ;)

HelterSkelter 06-04-2003 04:44 AM

Flaming, huh huh, you said flaming. A very apt moniker for that jacket, if I do say so.

rsheidler 06-04-2003 06:56 AM

Crash Test Dummies?

Since the main purpose of leather jackets, boots, gloves, helmets etc is for crash protection, maybe you guys should crash test them for us. I suppose that the crash test dummy job would go the the most junior staffer, so that would serve to weed out the motojournalist wannabes from the really motivated! Might also increase staff turnover a bit, though ;-)

Bob

rsheidler 06-04-2003 07:04 AM

Wathefukyawant?

Seemed to me that EBass' conclusion was pretty clear -- if you are the kinda guy who prefers an Aerostich, or who alwayswears roadrace leathers, or who prefers waxed Belstaff jackets, this one probably is not for you. If you like the styling, Eric has described its comfort and other features.

I do agree with Serazuwa that they should have gotten Bree to model it instead, but otherwise, I have no complaints about the article. Good work, Eric!

Bob

ebass 06-04-2003 07:31 AM

I second that!

You hit the nail on the head seruzawa. What MO needs is more pics of Bree and less of that fat, ugly, skinhead EBass. Off with his head, on with the cleavage! The people have spoken!

Uh, wait a minute. I'm EBass. Oh screw it, I'd still rather see pics of Bree than me!

Self-loathingly yours,

EBass