Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-03-2003, 03:10 PM   #1
gooseman_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati M1000 Reader Feedback

Yeah! Ducati finally has enough money for a tota!

What's a tota?

The monster 1000 still looks great. I'm glad they didn't mess with it.

Oh yeah, first post!
gooseman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2003, 03:54 PM   #2
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

The "Monster" looks are continuing to grow on me. The bike, as always, still sounds like a blast. Yossef you obviously have a rough life.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 04:49 PM   #3
dirtyd
Founding Member

get a better photographer. you've incorporated some of the most beautiful machines into ****ty looking photos. and show the thing in action. some wheelies and slides. and get off a little further from the freeway while you're at it.
dirtyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 05:19 PM   #4
Ricardo_1
Founding Member

If only other companies could learn and not mess with a good thing. For example, Triumph. Yea, change the motor, parts, etc... but why for God's sake take beautiful, sexy curves and turn them into nasty sharp edges?!? Fine, do it for the Daytonas (600 included), but leave the Speed Triple alone.

Proof again that the Italians know beauty, sex and passion much better than the Brits. Food, clothing, cars, women, what don't they do better? It must be the Southern European Romance language thing as compared to the boring as ***** north. Oh well, at least mines a '99....

If anyone for Ducati reads this garbage... keep up the great work, on your nekked street fighter.

If anyone from Triumph reads this garbage... well thanks for nothing.
Ricardo_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 05:44 PM   #5
Captain_1
Founding Member

For 2003, the Monster 800 and 1000 both benefit from the larger and stiffer S4 frame. The S4 was dropped from Ducati North America's lineup this year due to the anticipated launch of the new S4R.

Being a Ducati/Monster/Dark traditionalist, I originally shared Yossef's take on the radiator and hose encumbered H2O cooled S4, however its' appearance (and certainly performance) does grow on you. I picked up a carbon fiber-clad Foggy edition since the radiator is partially masked by the CF panels. I have since added a second S4 that is now extra nude and adorned by billet accessories by Rizoma. (Check out Rizoma.com and the tricked-out black S4.) Their accessories are a nice alternative to carbon fiber. Ride an S4, you won't go back to a 2-valve Monster.
Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 07:57 PM   #6
Hadji
Founding Member

Default Yossef, You Lucky S.O.B.!

You are definitely living the dream! What a sweet ride. I wonder if they could get it below 400 lbs. with wire spoke wheels. I need to make some extra money to support my addiction or become a test rider. Come on MO, I'll give the Bootheel perspective on these test bikes. Whaddya say?

BTW, what's the poop on the supercharged single? Is that a rumor or reality?

Singles and Twins Forever!
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 08:15 PM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Default What we really want to know...

...... is how does it compare to the SV650 or the Concours?
Old 06-03-2003, 09:16 PM   #8
KPaulCook
Banned

Default So many bikes So little time

The Monster is beautiful. This is the one air cooled V-Twin I would buy, sorry Harley-Buell. 30 years from now this bike will considered a classic like the 996. Love your review and pictures.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 09:20 PM   #9
KPaulCook
Banned

Couldn't agree more on Triumph. Maybe Triumph's owner can get a Italian designer.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 09:24 PM   #10
Mikey
Registered Member

They can have Terblanche.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote