Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-20-2003, 03:38 PM   #71
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Re: '03 Best of the Best Feedback

>>A mediocre rider on a liter bike (for example) might able to as to go fast as an excellent rider on a 600 (for example) for the simple fact that he can pu$$y-foot through the corners, whack open the throttle, and make up for his poor cornering prowess on the straights.<<

Wow. I usually limit my posts to the lighthearted, but da*n, dude.

Me and my 650#, 85hp BMW GS just got back from a weekend of mountain riding where I dusted no fewer than four Gixxer thous, a handful of R1s, and a smattering of 29s/54s.

I am an average rider of limited experience (and amazing good looks).

Parking in the corners and afterburning the straights is precisely why these teenagers get blasted by old, hairy men on Beemers and old, fat men on Harleys. A mediocre rider on a big-displacement bike can manifestly NOT go faster than an excellent rider on a lesser machine. Unless it's the freeway. Which may help explain why the overall national life-span of a new YZF-R1 is about three weeks.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2003, 03:41 PM   #72
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Abe, my friend, you sound like a perfect candidate for a twin. Perhaps Sir would like to sample our fine Superhawk?
Old 05-20-2003, 03:47 PM   #73
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Re: Longride, Buzglyd, and seruzawa are you listening to 5150boy

"I have a 20001 ZX6R..."

Cool. Imagine the technology. That thing must make, what? 450? 500bhp?

Nice to know that Kawi will have lasted that long, but I think you just blew your cover, there, Gary Seven.

Of course, in 20,001, Harley will have just celebrated its 18,098th Anniversary. They'll still weigh 700 pounds, but just think of how loud they'll be!

Old 05-20-2003, 03:50 PM   #74
jsven007
Founding Member

>>Which may help explain why the overall national life-span of a new YZF-R1 is about three weeks. <<

Ouch, thats not nice to say

jsven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 03:55 PM   #75
KPaulCook
Banned

Default MotoNASCAR

Weak argument man. 12er is right and you know it. Just put a CC limit and be done with it. No weights etc. You guys want something like NASCAR. Next you will want to regulate fairings like NASCAR regulates aerodynamics via spoilers, curves etc. Get out of here. Thank God MotoGP and the AMA doesn't go that way. But there is hope for you NASCAR fans, WSB is going to put restrictor plates on everything.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 04:00 PM   #76
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Time to shift rpms just went below 90,000 :)

Good one. And you know the 20001 Kawasaki will have a 190,000 redline. And the H-D guy will still say it has no power below 90,000 rpm.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:03 PM   #77
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Silver GSXR 1000 looks nice

Saw a silver one the other day, it was nice. I do think the blue, white, navy blue and white one is kind of lame with the racer boy stripes.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:34 PM   #78
zx-6r_maniac
Founding Member

and even with the fastest bike, hes not even close to keeping up with rossi, biaggi, haga, or bayliss. dont get me wrong ...i dont have anything against nicky...who wouldve turned down that kind of money?...it just wouldve been great to see him duel mladin this yr.
zx-6r_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 04:39 PM   #79
zx-6r_maniac
Founding Member

Amazing good looks? (squid alarm going nuts!!!)

Damn

The Opportunistic False Sense of Confidence. Squid's best tool
zx-6r_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 05:45 PM   #80
jaypuck
Founding Member

Default Re: Johnny.... you missed a great opportunity.

honestly, the problem is that this series you just described is called motogp. you want unlimited, watch that. you want (pseudo) street bikes dueling it out, yeah, you are going to have weird restrictions on bikes that are produced by a factory and not put out by a 24x7 race team.

sorry, but unlimited does not mean what you see on the street.
jaypuck is offline   Reply With Quote