Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-09-2003, 03:54 PM   #1
gt750
Registered Member

Default Re: 2003 CBR600RR Reader Feedback

Your Credibility is quickly fading without Honda's support. I hate to say it, but you cannot be taken seriously without including a Honda product in the 600c.c. shootout, and the Sport Touring shootout! Do what is needed to get Honda back, or you better start renting bikes from new owners, or buying one and reselling said model. Geez, you could have a contest whereby you give your readers a chance to win the used Honda from the Shootouts?!?
gt750 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2003, 03:56 PM   #2
staff
Registered Member

Dude, what part of us testing the CBR and Honda corporate buying ads @MO (not to mention we didn't even ask for an ST1300 because we didn't think it would compete well in the test) is not telling you that things are happier in MO/Honda Land?
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 04:09 PM   #3
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Compete well? I don't know how it would compete. That's why I read these articles and shootouts. By not including it I still don't know. By the specs it would surely not compete in the sport area but.... This was a comparison between not just the sport side but also the touring. Is this the way of new sport touring? Mostly sport with a little touring. Even the Concours belongs here. It makes a pretty good mix between sport and tour. When you throw in the working mans price it's pretty sweet even if its old news.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:13 PM   #4
sarnali
Founding Member

Ah yes, "you beat the nicest people on a Honda" I remember that one from when the Elsinore 250 came out. sounds like the cbr600rr kicks ass, So from riding the other 600's and now this one, how do you think it would rate?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 04:22 PM   #5
Nplateau
Founding Member

In the immortal words of Ray Romano...

"Sweet Sassy Molassie!" I want one bad.

I'm taking my Motorcycle Basic Rider's course this month, I'm all signed up and ready to go. I admit I am scared. I have ridden before, but not too well and even wiped out. I hope I do well and learn what they teach me, I look forward to not just being a fan of motorcycles, but a motorcyclist. I hope to see you guys on the road soon.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 04:25 PM   #6
staff
Registered Member

OH NO! NOT THE CONCOURS ARGUEMENT AGAIN! AAGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

(We cannot win. Giving up, the MORons go home now)

Have fun this weekend MOFos, very cool content coming next week, and the week after that (dang embargos, where's the fun in that? Isn't this the 'Net? Like, duh, NOW ALREADY!)
Old 05-09-2003, 04:37 PM   #7
detansinn
Founding Member

I'm still trying to figure out why there's a picture of a V4 in the article.

FYI, that's a Super Hawk not a SuperCub.

detansinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 04:57 PM   #8
staff
Registered Member

There is no point. This is MO.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:08 PM   #9
The_People
Founding Member

Wow, actually taking the MSF course. Good. Suggestion might be to get something less "new" for the first six months, as from your post you may need a bit of time to get your skill level up. Something less expensive until you determine if riding is really for you. And buy good safety gear, don't cheap out. At least be safe as you idle the thing around town

Or not.

Advanced bike for one with remedial skills. Nice. And until you get your skill level to "reasonably competent" please stay the hell away from me on the road.

Old 05-09-2003, 05:29 PM   #10
mcjunkie
Founding Member

>>I'm taking my Motorcycle Basic Rider's course this month, I'm all signed up and ready to go. I admit I am scared.<<

As well you should be (scared). This is a heck of a lot of bike.

That said, the bike itself is not a death sentence or fast track to the brain tank, if you ride sensibly and don't push your luck. The Peoples idea of going with something less high strung and more crash resistant is good advice, imo. Good luck though either way.
mcjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote