Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2003 CBR600RR Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1840-2003-cbr600rr-reader-feedback.html)

KPaulCook 05-11-2003 07:39 PM

OK this one is for both of you Harley boys.

When is the last time you guys have ridden a 600. Keep in mind that the 600s were doing a second less than the superbikes at Sears last week. If I rev my bike above 9000 in normal driving, i am jail. I think you Harley boys need to take some of these new 600s out for a spin. Keep in mind during my bikes break in period I had to keep in below 6000k. I had no trouble in traffic etc. You guys are out of touch living in the past like your Harley. I really don't beleive longride has a ZX-9R cause he would of known about the break in periiod.

Betamax 05-11-2003 11:13 PM

thx for longwindedness

well stated, and I'm further convinced that my next bike will have ABS...

Betamax 05-11-2003 11:16 PM

Re: My Foist Bike?

1992 is the motorcycle Paleolithic Era.

You can pick up an '02 SV650 for cheap. Do some research...if you want a ~600cc bike, the SV650 offers more bang for buck than anything else.

Betamax 05-11-2003 11:21 PM

Re: Nice call

our friends at Motorcyclist are idiots. They felt the new model should be more sporty, while Honda deliberately chose to make it a better tourer.

It's just as fast as previous models and handles better; it just happens to weigh more. The small minds at motorcyclist just couldn't get around that concept. Knee-jerk judgment at its finest.

ddub 05-11-2003 11:39 PM

They do--it's called Ducati 999 or 749 monoposto

I guess sometimes certain options are pricey...

ddub 05-11-2003 11:48 PM

Re: 2003 CBR600RR Reader Feedback

At 4-5k RPM, my SV650 or my motard will walk away from my RR in a roll-on or while trying to pass a car. The low/mid is not bad for a 600-4, but is by no means impressive. But at 8-15k it shreds, but my '01 Gix750 pulled much harder. The RR motor is super-smooth, smoother than the Gix750 and much smoother than my old F4.

longride 05-12-2003 02:30 AM

Re: OK this one is for both of you Harley boys.

"When is the last time you guys have ridden a 600."

I rode my friend's 2002 Honda F4 last week and I was over 9K quite often.

"Keep in mind that the 600s were doing a second less than the superbikes at Sears last week."

And they didn't get revved above 9 grand? Amazing!

"If I rev my bike above 9000 in normal driving, i am jail."

Why did you buy it then? Hell, a junk Harley will kick you butt if you don't rev it up. I think you just can't ride very well.

"I think you Harley boys need to take some of these new 600s out for a spin."

Like a new Honda F4? Is that new enough?

"Keep in mind during my bikes break in period I had to keep in below 6000k. I had no trouble in traffic etc. You guys are out of touch living in the past like your Harley."

If you actually ran that baby, there wouldn't BE an traffic. I may be living in the past, but I can ride the hell out of most motorcycles. I think you might be a bit skeered. LOL

"I really don't beleive longride has a ZX-9R cause he would of known about the break in periiod."

Break in is 1000 miles. You claim to have 11 grand on yours. How long you gonna break it in? Ten years maybe?? LOL I believe you need a slower bike that you can actually handle. If you go too fast on that 600 your feathers will get in your eyes! LOL

seruzawa 05-12-2003 04:09 AM

Just because the 600s have better midrange performance than they did in years past doesn't mean that that performance is particularly good.

Quarter mile times haven't changed very much in 10 years or more. With a good drag racer aboard a 600 might pull less than 11 in the quarter. However seeing this sort of time on the street is going to be very difficult. The poor torque of the engine guarantees this.

By the way, have YOU driven a big displacement engine lately? Have you ridden a Buell? How the hell would you know how the torque compares? An R1150R would chew you up and spit you out below 9000rpm as you would know if you had any experience at all.

Oh hell, I got sucked in again! Stop me somebody please!

Buzglyd 05-12-2003 05:36 AM

He got you again!

I like how he refers to us multiple bike owners as Harley boys. Oh that's right, he doesn't believe I have a Ducati in my garage.

Considering Honda ran away with the MotoGP race I'm still waiting for the "death of the obsolete 4 cylinders in racing" post.

KPaulCook 05-12-2003 06:21 AM

You boys need to go down to the Honda dealer and try out a 600RR. Its stead of whining about what you think 600 performance is go and see it for yourself. Longride don't you know that fibbing is bad.