Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-11-2003, 02:24 PM   #71
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: (heavy breathing behind welders mask)

You mean to tell me air/oil cooled twins aren't the epitome of m/c technology? It's even got electric start!!!
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2003, 02:32 PM   #72
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 CBR600RR Reader Feedback

The last few times I just showed up with a new bike, I more or less asked this time, she must mellowing with age ( hope she don't read this !!)
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 02:34 PM   #73
MOTO13
Founding Member

I have 600RR and have a Micron carbon fiber slip-on on it. I can say that it is without a doubt the BEST 600 I have ever ridden and I have ridden all the 600's this year. The down low grunt power is great mid range is REALLY good and the roll-on power will WALK away from ANY other 600 period. My friend has a 2002 GSXR 600-with a Two Bros X-metal slip-on, nice bike, but it can't come close on acceleration or roll-on power. I have never had this bike near the top end speed so I cannot comment on that. All that I can say is believe the hype. The bike really is that good. Comfort is also no problem. I am 5'9" and about 150 lbs so I am not real big and the new style and ergos fit me great. I stiffend the rear a click or two and sped up the rebound-did nothing to the front. I like the suspension and the bike is quite comfortable. Looks are great-I have the red/black. I expected a lot whe I bought the bike and Honda exceeded my expectations. Fit/finish are superb and are typical Honda.
MOTO13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 03:02 PM   #74
smythie
Founding Member

Agreed, I had been riding for around 15 months on my VTR250 before I got my Triumph. I was honest enough with myself to know that I shouldn't be taking things too hard on it, but the run in restrictions nonetheless helped me to stay within sane limits for the road.

I've only really ran it up in the higher area above 8000 for more than 10 or 15 seconds a couple of times in the 4500km I have done on it. In fact, I can't much reason to have it spinning much higher than that on the road, the track is different.

I still think that if you can get a nice cheap 250 or something (the VTR is a great bike, but a bit expensive and IIRC it is not available to the US) to learn on, you are going in the right direction. They are light, and shouldn't be too expensive to repair if the unthinkable happens. The only thing they might lack for a beginner that a restricted 600 has is well sorted suspension and chassis. The 600's I think still have a bit too much midrange for a beginner.

Just my humble opinion
Old 05-11-2003, 04:29 PM   #75
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Why can't they make bikes with adjustable pegs, seats, etc.

Don't forget to score your own post and then reply to yourself later!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 04:56 PM   #76
Nplateau
Founding Member

WOW!!! That's a great site!!! Mad props for the recommendation, friend, I truly appreciate it.

Motorcyclists make a wonderful community when they're down to help eachother out.

Thanks to everyone.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 05:39 PM   #77
Vlad
Registered Member

Default Sport touring

Gee, you must not read "Bike." Seems like our bretheren across the pond just did a sport touring shootout of their own, using many of the same bikes that MO did. The winner? The VFR.

Vlad
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 05:43 PM   #78
Vlad
Registered Member

Default Re: My Foist Bike?

The Suzuki SV650 has the curious honor of being both a beginner and an expert bike. Go for it, dude. And it's over $2,000 cheaper than the current crop of high ewnd 600s.

Vlad
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 07:29 PM   #79
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Sport touring

How nice. And CycleWorld always names the VFR the "Bike of the Year"... each year, every year, and so on and so on and so on.....

Touring in perfidious Albion hardly compares with touring across Arizona and New Mexico. Different results are ensured.

Especially if you want to keep those pages of Honda(tm) advertising rolling in.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:35 PM   #80
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Why can't they make bikes with adjustable pegs, seats, etc.

Well, actually my old Suzuki has infinitely adjustable handlebars. You see they are made of tube steel and you can loosen the clamps and move them or even replace them!!

This is "old no-longer-used" technology, not new technology at all.

Heck, my '70 Ksaki W2650 had infinitely adjustable bars also. Most bikes did. But, thanks to the Japanese.......