Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2003 CBR600RR Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1840-2003-cbr600rr-reader-feedback.html)

johnnyb 05-09-2003 05:38 PM

My Bad...

Sorry, I was called away on Pressing Bidness and did not get a chance to Edit Yossef's very nice article, which is sad since I am the Editor. On the other hand, Yossef does not do so bad in English for a man who speaks--also writes and reads--six languages, is it? Big Love to YS.

Bashley, when will you change "Talk Some Smack" to something more dignified, like "Upchuck a Thought" or "Peel off a Brain Cell"? Anything woman, anything...

The_People 05-09-2003 06:03 PM

Re: My Bad...

Dammit man, whatever it was that was so pressing as to pull you away from your cyber duties is probably incredibly important.

At least to a small minority....but none the less back to work!!!

-The People

johnnyb 05-09-2003 06:07 PM

Hating you at this point...

johnnyb 05-09-2003 06:09 PM

I Gots ta Know...

What size boots are we into these days, YS? Or are those some Honda airbrakes?

The_People 05-09-2003 06:16 PM

Ahhhhh, The People's work is complete.

-The People

GogglesPaisano 05-09-2003 06:30 PM

Re: 2003 CBR600RR Reader Feedback

According to the button I'm 'upchucking a thought'. Thanks Burns!

I saw the oval piston bits and seem to remember an oval piston streetbike they made around the same time.

Anyone? Little help? Memory fuzzy...

-=Goggles=-

Holy_Kaw 05-09-2003 07:03 PM

Re: I Gots ta Know...

LOL

smomack 05-09-2003 07:21 PM

I gotta disagree with yer boy Youssef....

That yellow bike is pretty kickin'.

I dig it.

danno 05-10-2003 01:05 AM

That RC51 cutaway seems to have grown a couple of extra cylinders. Could You have meant RC30 or RC45?

Nice review, but the whole class is getting so freaking good that you need the comparo.

One final rant: Am I just turning into a reactionary old fart, or is anyone else concerned that this new crop of 600s might be considered entry level bikes by newbies. I cut my road riding teeth on a CB400 that would occasionally lose stop light races to station wagons. Of course it also had skinny rock-hard tires and drum brakes, so maybe I was in much greater peril than I thought. I guess it doesn't matter as long as you still meet the nicest people on a Honda.

daithi 05-10-2003 03:43 AM

I really do think that starting your biking life (for all intents and purposes)on a super sport 600 that capable of 160, and that has a fairly radical riding position that encourages fast riding, is definitely not smart. Get going on something like a Gs500 suzi or an equivalent Kawasaki GPZ500 and spend a year or more getting up to speed. Take a beginners course to start and after a year do an advanced riders course. Frankly I think it takes more than 3-5 years or more to get really skilled.You have already wiped yourself out once due to inexperience, do you want to repeat that ? And maybe not walk away the next time.!!! I know its hard to be patient but there will be nice bikes to ride a year from now , and you will have much more fun riding them with all those newly acquired skills. Safe riding.