Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-01-2003, 04:01 PM   #11
Grappelli
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Ducati Multistrada Reader Feedback

I read on another web site that us Tiger/GS owners wouldn't be interested. Bollocks to that. I've got a GS and I'd love on of these too. 11,000 Euros ~ 11,000 dollars. So I guess they'll charge us $16k for it knowing ducati. If they sell it for for European prices, I'll buy one. If they fleece us again, they can stick it.
Grappelli is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2003, 04:12 PM   #12
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Er guys? Where is the side bar, mentioned in the article, on the new Parelli Scorpion Syncs? I am currently running the radial Scorpion S/Ts on my old R100 GS and they stick unbelivably well for a multi purpose tire. Please see if you can find the promised side bar, as I for one am interested. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 04:22 PM   #13
dwindhorst
Founding Member

Now, see, if Jesse Mach had ridden one of these instead of a dinky little XLR250 with supersized plastic, people would now be speaking of "Streethawk" in the same reverent tones usually reserved for "Knight Rider."
dwindhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 04:22 PM   #14
Captain_1
Founding Member

I actually think its kind of neat.. like a Porsche Cayenne (sport utility), it appeals to a small group of individuals with deep pockets.
Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 04:50 PM   #15
brickl
Founding Member

Default Ugly? You're crazy!

I want one, ASAP! It'll be a great stable mate to the R1.
brickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 05:03 PM   #16
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Today, I received the June editions of both Motorcyclist and Cycle World. I scanned the covers right away to see if the article I'd been anticipating for months had finally been written. It hadn't. But when I logged on to MO, there it was. I'm sure Boehm, Egan, and everyone else made it to Sardinia, too, but for their writeups, I'll have to wait at least another month. Behold the power of the Internet. Great job!
Old 05-01-2003, 05:42 PM   #17
johnnyb
Founding Member

Smart man. How bout that nine-bike naked bike comparo in CW tho? That was a nice piece of work, I thought...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 06:07 PM   #18
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Ugly? You're crazy!

I forsee a lot of dust on the R1...

It may be ugly, but out in the twisties I never see my reflection!

At the international motorcycle show they had one and the fit and finish wasnt tip top. Seat cover wasnt tight (actually had a couple creases and wrinkles) and the gaps in the body work werent even. Maybe it was a preproduction model. Still other than the looks its all I could ask for in a street bike. God I love the DS feel, free fall into the corner and feel those tires plant then gas it out. It even matches my aerostich, must be fate...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 06:12 PM   #19
Vlad
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Ducati Multistrada

Yeah, yeah, I know it's a little ugly, but it's also a little strange and cool. I care more about what it feels like from the seat, and this baby "looks" awesome from that vantage point. Those who whine about Ducatis and their cost, valves, and strangenesses have likely never really pushed one on a twisty road. They give you a feeling of confidence. They put fun into riding. They give you a chubby.

I'll take one in silver, please.

Vlad
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 06:28 PM   #20
ikonoklass
Founding Member

It'll probably take me a couple mornings on the crapper to get to it, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.