Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-05-2003, 09:18 AM   #101
96sp
Registered Member

Default Re: 2003 Ducati Multistrada Reader Feedback

At least when I try my hand at sarcastic wit I can keep my quivering fingers from hitting the post button only once...hello.
96sp is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2003, 09:30 AM   #102
96sp
Registered Member

Picasso was an idiot and his drawings are still ugly. A small slow child with pencils duct-taped to his torso could run at a blank sheet of paper and come up with better designs.
96sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 10:45 AM   #103
ekimtoor
Founding Member

Is that to say that the Dukes are pretty? I think they're even wierder looking than the MS.
ekimtoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:04 AM   #104
ekimtoor
Founding Member

Setting two points aside momentarily, those being price and styling, I think Ducati is still missing a certain sweet spot.

Take this motor and frame, keep the swingarm and under seat exhaust (in other words, keep all the really cool, timeless Ducati stuff), then suspend and clothe it a bit more conventionally, say along the lines of the most current naked thingies.

Ducati should breed a Monster with a MultiStrada. That would improve both lines.

Price...well, you know as long as two similarly equipped jap units can be had for the price of one Duc, that's going to be a problem for most of us.

ekimtoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 05:09 AM   #105
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: it looks like ...

You think very twisted. Keep it up. I just hope not to see one rolling elephant poop down the road.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 03:00 PM   #106
Grappelli
Registered Member

Default Re: Chevy Avalanche, Cadillac Escalade EXT, Subaru Baja

Beg to differ. I find the m3 a lot of fun and a practical and comfortable car for every day use too. But it isn't as fast or as strappy as my mates Viper. And the Ferrari my old boss had was definitely way out there.

Ok.. maybe an m3 is a bit high, but how about 350z?
Grappelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 03:38 AM   #107
redlmtt
Founding Member

I can see where the toast comes out, but where's the switch for the microwave?

If a motorcycle doesn't make your heart leap with its beauty, you might as well have a Civic.

BTW, the Guzzi LeMans 2 and SP series had the "innovative" separate upper and lower fairing in the '70s.
redlmtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 01:07 PM   #108
davyt
Founding Member

Burnsie,

Were you all ablush with modesty as you wrote that?

While I understand why the Buell was a no show, I noticed that the KTM Duke II wasn't included. Would you--in your best Paul Dean impersonation--give us an idea how you would have placed it in the mix?
davyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 03:41 PM   #109
frogdrvr
Founding Member

I own a 96 Elephant and 2000 900ss. I think the Multistrada is the perfect cross between the two. I am kinda of partial to yellow though.
frogdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 05:54 AM   #110
mwesterl
Founding Member

I don't know. I think I'm in love with this bike.

I find it very odd that this bike recieved this much bad feedback. I'm (only?) 25, and have ridden sportbikes my whole street career. I feel as though it's time for me to get a bike that can be used for all types of riding. I'm bored of race-rep's and doing one big pushup whever I get on a bike.

There are a number of alternate bikes listed in this feedback that I'd be embarrassed to ride. The DS isn't one, that's for sure.

Put on some deep sounding pipe, a vented clutch cover, and the R1 is gone in the morning.
mwesterl is offline   Reply With Quote