Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-27-2003, 06:29 PM   #81
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: A dork in true Kpaul fashion

You've got to be able to find your way home sooner or later.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2003, 06:40 PM   #82
ebass
Founding Member

Default Be careful what you wish for . . .

. . . you just might get it!
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 09:04 PM   #83
Grappelli
Registered Member

Default Re: MO Sport Tour 2003 Feedback

When I test rode the Aprilia, the suspension was very much on the "Tour" end of the equation. That shock must have really made a big difference.
Grappelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 10:34 PM   #84
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Continued bias against BMW?

I don't know... Look at the review of the R1150R.</p>
<blockquote>

Johnny said things like:
<blockquote>
On asphalt, the GS is an amazingly agile beast--but the R is even better.

[T]he R will give all-out sport bikes fits under a capable pilot.

At no time do you feel like you're motoring that hard, but you can't help noticing Mini's working the 118-horse, considerably lighter Speed Triple pretty hard--and not exactly drawing away quickly.

The Achilles heel used to be the crunchy, five-speed gearbox. Now with the 6-speed close-ratio Getrag, the R shifts like a real-live sportbike, ye do nae need the clutch if you're in a hurry.

Commuting up and down the superslab, the R is a stately pleasure dome with a luxurious, some would say Cleopatraesque ride. Get rough with it in the twistiness, though, and Paralever and Telelever conspire to give excellent control.

Have I yet given off the impression that we really, really like this BMW? Because I'm trying to.

Throw off your preconceived notions about BMWs, would you? This bike is Unclassifiable. "Power cruise," ride "naked," be a "hooligan," embarrass "sportbikes," go "sport-touring"; this motorcycle does it all, and while it's doing whatever it is, it's aesthetically as well as functionally a beautifully lashed-together piece of tackle. Yo, is $9,999 a misprint or what? Has the mark collapsed? Bargain with a capital "B." Sweet. Two thumbs up.</blockquote></p>

Minime added:
<blockquote>
Now, I love the Speed Triple, but for a bit less cash you mean to tell me I can go nearly as fast and have enough comfort to travel the world? Maybe John actually knows what he's doing. BMW sure does.</blockquote></p>

And Hackfu concluded:
<blockquote>
[T]his is one of the few bikes that are actually worth its price. I like it.</blockquote></p></blockquote>

LOL, I seem to have a case of insomnia, so I quoted a lot of the article, but read it yourself. It's very well written.</p>

Steven</p>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:49 AM   #85
morelli
Founding Member

Nice review. Even though I'm a Futura owner I was surprised by the VFR ommission. Still, it's nice to know I own a bike that came out on top for once, considering all similar reviews I've read in other publications.

Put simply, they're wrong and your right and I'll keep justifying it by riding the great outdoors, outback, downunder.

morelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 03:03 AM   #86
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

How's the junk running? I hope you didn't need to stop too many times to add more oil or pick up all the parts that fell off.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:48 AM   #87
bobbob_3
Founding Member

I had an '01 VFR for a year. Very competent, but low on the fun meter. The biggest dissapointment was pulling from a dead stop (there is nothing there!). Yes, that is because it is geared for long trips - but on long trips, the vibes put my hands to sleep.

Bob
bobbob_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 04:09 AM   #88
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Time and place for ABS and the VFR rules.

What is the world coming to when KPaul decides to go down on the ladder of the "cost/performance ratio"?
Old 04-28-2003, 04:15 AM   #89
DialedIN
Founding Member

Ever sit on the Duc ST4 ???? Or for that matter the sprint? Pretty much a GT layout if ya ask me.
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 04:19 AM   #90
scott_y
Founding Member

MO seems to be getting into a habit of dismissing Honda or perhaps they just can't get one.

Either way, be careful. Readers might just dismiss MO when their renewal is due if they continue to ignore Honda.
scott_y is offline   Reply With Quote