Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-29-2003, 08:49 PM   #141
Dave_Owen
Founding Member

Default Re: MO Sport Tour 2003 Feedback

GREAT!!!!! Just great you bastards. I was just about to let my subsciption expire and you had to come out with that Sport-Tour comparo. Now I've gone and resubbed. Thanks a lot!!!

oh ya, nice job.

Dave_Owen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2003, 03:13 AM   #142
MG57
Founding Member

OK, I'll bite.

"Cascading disribution...." Now what's the punch-line?

No more drinks for you.
MG57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 05:04 AM   #143
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: However, the R1/GSXR...

Very nice. In reality the rider is vastly more important than the bike anyhow. I prefer doing my own maintenance and my experience with a Magna makes me shy of the Honda V-4s in general, but they are certainly nice bikes. I still have the Magna and I like it a lot.

But reality has little to do with it when you are dealing with KPaulKook. He has announced that cost/performance is ALL so I am taking him to task on that basis. You probably weren't lurking here when he was insulting everyone who didn't own a cutting edge race replica.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:18 AM   #144
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: VFR Rules I'ts the future Twin-heads, get used to it.

Yes, and I believe it was discontinued this year.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:26 AM   #145
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

The only "event" I desire to go to is the local dealer. If I can't ride one there, I certainly won't go 1500 miles to go try one out. Yamaha is making the bike self-important. If it was really that great it would sell itself.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:43 AM   #146
twister299
Founding Member

I wholeheartedly agree, I too have longed to ride a FJR and flat out refuse to buy anything I haven't riden. The only saving grace is there are a few logical dealers out there that are willing to put up the money and put one out there (read that as "I bought it for myself but you know everything is for sale") They would probably get their birthday taken away if they told Yamaha this policy is costing them sales.

I guess I'll have to wait a couple of more months and get a "used" 04.

twister299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 09:57 AM   #147
maxriderdon
Founding Member

"If the VFR is not a Sport Tourer, then yank out the Duc. Very similar rides" Goto Honda's own website. Look under "Touring/Sport Touring" Nope no VFR there. Look under "Sport" ah there is the VFR called the interceptor. "And the VFR does come with luggage, stock. Mine did " According to Honda, luggage is an official Honda accessory for the Interceptor. Maybe they came on your bike but it appears they do not come stock, unless Honda lies. Kudos on the "Genmar highrisers" a much needed aftermarket addon to make the bike more tour friendly. Put those on my Concours, nice. Actually the Concours is a better bike for touring than the VFR, and far less expensive with stock luggage. The Concours is very old news and gets no attention but thats good for those in the know. The VFR will out sport the stock Concours though. When it comes to comfort though Connie wins and cheap mods and upgrades gallore.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:00 AM   #148
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Default Re: Sport Tour

Yes if the FJR is in there the ST1300 would be perfect for comparison
Old 04-30-2003, 10:55 AM   #149
SRMark
Founding Member

Nice test. I like every bike and would be willing to buy any of them. My '91 ST1100 has too many miles left in it to make any moves though. I don't like what I've heard of the ST1300 and would have excluded it from the test too. And I like Hondas! I like the sound of the triple and would go for the Triumph for that reason. If BMW would only bring back the K75-S, make it a 1,000, I'd buy it. I loved my old K75-S. (I did not like working on it though)
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 01:15 PM   #150
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

Default Re: However, the R1/GSXR...

Going with this same line of thought, the VFR is much cheaper, has as much power as 3 of the 4 bikes just tested.

Funny how ppl defend the VFR
Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote