Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-29-2003, 05:11 AM   #131
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: I guess I am not ready for this crowd.

Give the CBR the same top gearing as the twins and see what happens.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2003, 10:05 AM   #132
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: However, the R1/GSXR...

You are a dork. The guy that you agreed with "100%" just proved my point. The VFR has a superior price/performance given the role it is designed for STs. Compared with the Aprilia, Ducati its cost/performance ratio is superior. You agree with anyone but me. At least I am not a bigot. I admit I agree with sometimes.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 10:23 AM   #133
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Uhhhhhh . . . .

Now that's funny. oops Don't tell Sean I didn't use the moderate button. (is he kind of anal maybe he should of been an engineer)
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 10:56 AM   #134
seruzawa
The Toad

Yada yada yada. Excuses excuses excuses. All those justifiers don't change the fact that the VFR is a 20+ year old design with less HP than many other motorcycles of less displscement. Since those 600-4s will blow the VFR away then, by your standards you are buying less performance thus violating the cost/performance ratio.

You may recall that your cost/perfomance ratio alows no slack for "intended design", which was the justification for your avalanche of personal insults towards those who ride Harleys.

Ergo: You are violating your own precept and thus are mutating, as we speak, into a member of the Grey Ponytail Brotherhood.

Welcome, Brothuh!
Old 04-29-2003, 11:30 AM   #135
dlinder
Founding Member

Default Re: MO Sport Tour 2003 Feedback

While it was just pathetic enough to deserve some initial sympathy, MO's bitter little crusade against Honda is now officially ridiculous.

It really deserved comment when MO panned the CBR600RR unridden(!?) in its 600 shootout... Especially given how personally motivated all those comments look in retrospect - as every print mag seems to place the Honda as at most a hair (a very thin one at that) behind the new R6. But yeah, I could see how one might take it personally when accused of being unprofessional...

Speaking of which... go ahead guys, don't include the VFR in a test of sport tourers, I'm sure no one will manage to realize that it defines the market segment all these other bikes are trying to serve.

Good work panning (and not testing) the ST1300 Honda sport tourer as well. Especially on the basis of its weight and horsepower deficit alone. We all know that those are the only characterstics one needs to judge a motorcycle.

But wait, isn't MO the same publication that proclaims (with a straight face) that the Buell Firebolt will consistently pull away from an R1 in twisties under any pilot? Hmm... isn't Buell the manufacturer that has been conspiciously advertising on the front page of MO for some time now? I guess horsepower and weight aren't relevant for true sport bikes, but are incredibly significant for sport tourers with hard luggage(!).

As I said, being the underdog is one thing, but someone at MO seems to be in desperate denial of the obvious. I have read MO for a while and surprisingly enjoyed much of it. I even managed to overlook John Burn's one-sided, simplistic, political grandstanding, however out of place it might be in a motorcycling publication. But I think you overestimate yourselves when you imagine that some cult of personality is going to manage to make you relevant to motorcyclists when you ignore the largest player in the motorcycle market... because they were mean to you (sniffle sniffle...)
dlinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 12:03 PM   #136
dlinder
Founding Member

I believe that John Burns has become the Iraqi Information Minister of motorcycle reviews...

'No one is buying Honda's... There are no Honda's in Baghdad!'

'Riders owning the CBR600RR are all committing suicide when faced by the overpowering might of our air-cooled 1950's v-twin powered sportsbikes!'

'The American motorcycling press is all about lies! All they tell is lies, lies and more lies!'

'The Fireblade is not worth an old shoe... we have given them a sour taste.'
dlinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 12:34 PM   #137
rpt
Registered Member

My '96 VFR, with genmars,taller givi, tank cameron bag and 46ltr on the back makes everyhing I need (20K km /year), cost me 5K and it's engine (with cascading disribution) will last forever.

Sure, it lacks ABS, but, for most of riders it will be enough.

Why don' you MOrons make a shootout with bikes that people have in their garages (VFR, 1200 FJR, K100's) and still ride them. That would show how things have (or have not ??) evolved...
rpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 01:09 PM   #138
rvfrules
Founding Member

Bob, if you had swapped the stock can for a slip-on, or better yet, a full exhaust like Erion, it would have been a totally different beast. Powerwheelies at 3,500 rpms.....
rvfrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 05:36 PM   #139
smythie
Founding Member

Mate, I own a brand new TT600 (don't kill me for doing that) and love it. But I will tell you, the only time it is better than the VFR is in the twisties where the more sports oriented frame, suspension and weight allow for higher limits. The VFR will out accelerate the 600's 9 out of 10 times both off the line and in rolling starts. 800cc, 4 cylinders and an only slightly lower redline make up an engine with a lot more flexibility than the 600's could dream of.

So in short, I object to the remark about 600's blowing away the VFR.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:12 PM   #140
TuneREX
Founding Member

Johnny B, I feel sorry for you and the other staffers having to deal with this bunch of whiny, multiple-bike-owning poopie-heads. S**t, I can't believe I read to the end of this ridiculous feedback loop.
TuneREX is offline   Reply With Quote