Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-28-2003, 03:20 AM   #91
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: MO Sport Tour 2003 Feedback

Fie on you! How dare you remind us all how little bikes have really improved in the last 10 years.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2003, 03:27 AM   #92
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: VFR Rules I'ts the future Twin-heads, get used to it.

Kook has decided to buy a VFR so, voila, the VFR suddenly becomes the divinely inspired "Best Motorcycle in the World at Everything".

He'll get along great with Honda's sycophants and toadies at Cycle World who have called it (yawn) Best Bike for years.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:29 AM   #93
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: I guess I am not ready for this crowd.

BMW probably got left out because it is such a creaky old ancient design. It would take an owner of another ancient boat-anchor like one of Suzuki's air/oil-cooled bikes to appreciate one.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:06 AM   #94
Buzglyd
Founding Member

The Geezer runs great though still too rich. I have a decision to make regarding that. As you know, I did the H-D download rather than the PC (for some reason my wrench doesn't like the PC, he says he's had too many reliability problems with them).

So, I can either install the RevTech DFO which alters mixture but not timing (my timing has already been adjusted with the H-D download) or just break out the wallet and put the 95 inch jugs on it since H-D's download is for 95" not 88."

Sounds like a fun way to lean out my mixture right? Make it bigger!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 04:11 AM   #95
seruzawa
The Toad

Kudos to Yammerhammer for providing ABS for a measley grand. This should thoroughly tweak Honduh and Bummer.

On the other hand, Yammer should get one of JB's soggy wet socks in the face for their BS Harley-esque "order one now or else and you don't even get to test ride it" policy. Please don't post any excuses for this BS policy if you've ever criticzed Harley for it.

Having ridden mucho miles through the western deserts I've learned to appreciate a heavier bike due to the frequent severe wind problems. So my taste would run more to the Yammerhammer. But there's no chance I'll buy any bike sight unseen.

No problem though. My old 1100G does so well at this venue I've no desire to change.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:32 AM   #96
scott_y
Founding Member

$1000 is the going rate for ABS at Honda as well. Gold Wing = + 1k, VFR = +1k, ST1300 +$1500 includes electric shield.

However, I agree, Yamaha has the best value in the FJR.
scott_y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 04:35 AM   #97
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: A dork in true Kpaul fashion

Whaddya need a map for? Just follow the trail of parts that fall off yer Geezerglide to find yer way home.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:41 AM   #98
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: VFR Rules I'ts the future Twin-heads, get used to it.

Honduh thought so in the '80s too! They were going to replace all the I-4s with V-4s. It was the wave of the Future!

Whatever happened to all those V-4s? The VFR is the last example of that dying breed. Yamahaha keeps the V-4 limping along in the V-Max and Royal Star. Pathetic really.

Stop me, Buz. I'm sinking down the black hole again.....
Old 04-28-2003, 05:30 AM   #99
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

"If Yamaha thinks I would plunk down 12 large on a bike I can't test ride, they need to smoke a different filler. I don't care who says what about a bike, I want a ride on it myself, and I'll make the decision after that, thanks. Since when did Yamaha worry so much about resale value? Gimme a brake on that lame excuse. "

You can test ride one right now at the events that Yamaha goes to- I've heard that they were doing demos at Bike Week on FJRs.

Also, I say kudos to Yamaha for worrying about resale value. Finally, one of the Japanese manufacturers had figured out that customers don't like paying $12K for a motorcycle and seeing the value drop to $7K in a year when the local dealer discounts the crap out of it.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:31 AM   #100
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: I guess I am not ready for this crowd.

My boat anchor Suzuki is newer than your boat anchor Suzuki so neener neener neener
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote