Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-18-2003, 05:38 AM   #21
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default So Where is all the S&M Stuff?

OK, I read most of the comments here before reading the article itself, so I was expecting some really over the top, "butch" fashion items -- I was somewhat disappointed that it was all pretty understated. I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

OK, fingerless gloves sound like a pretty lame idea for a motorcycle (I really never had a problem with overheated fingers while riding, even in Tucson summers) but they look like they would work good for bicycling. Actually, I think I once owned a pair of cycling gloves almost exactly like them -- probably came from the same factory.

I also don't really see the point of chaps, as the parts of my leathers that seem to have had the most wear (from track falls) are the very parts left unprotected.

OTOH, the jackets, especially the heavy duty one, seem pretty nice. I wouldn't feel at all out of place with one for all around casual wear. I don't very often ride with a jacket and jeans anymore, and I already have a couple of old leather jackets for those few occassions, but I would consider something like that if I were in the market.

My wife has had a pair of Harley boots for 5-6 years and really likes them. They don't offer a great deal of protection compared to Alpinstars or something like that, but her fashion sense has not yet embraced either the full roadrace or the Aerostich look -- she is more into the Levis and leather jacket look. And she tends to like the Harley gear. And she has never even sat on a Harley.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2003, 05:41 AM   #22
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Harley-Davidson Apparel Feedback

>>And did I miss something, or were there no arm chaps in this article?<<

Eric actually mentioned in the article that they did not show any arm chaps -- clearly he was as surprised as you!

I think they do need some finger chaps to compliment the fingerless gloves.

Cheers

Bob

Old 04-18-2003, 06:14 AM   #23
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I don't think many people here watch or perform in gay fetish flicks, so we'll have to take your expert opinion on that fact.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:27 AM   #24
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Capsule Summary...

Gloves: Don't make me laugh. What protection? What grip?

Vest: Don't make me laugh. What's the point of wearing poser-gear which ain't gonna cut it in a slide.

Winter Jacket: Looks nice, except for the price. You can buy one HELL of a vanson touring jacket for that money, or almost a full aerostitch suit. But at least it looks like some decent weather and crash protection. If you are going to have to wear MoCoPoserGear, this looks good.

Summer Jacket: Much more reasonable cost. But how tough? Armor? Still, not bad.

Chaps: Just screams "Gay Bar" and "Road Rashed Ass". No thanks.

Helmet: Looks like a Shoei RF700/800/900 in Basic Black with an HD logo. And thats what I think it is. And you are probably only paying <$50 for the HD lettering, practically a steal!

Boots: Basic cruiserboots. If they stay on, good abraision protection, no armor. Not horribly overpriced, but still costlier than Steel toe Doc Martins.

You forgot to review the HD thong panties, however. I'm dissapointed.
nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 07:29 AM   #25
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Capsule Summary...

Well thank God ebass didn't photograph with the HD thong. As for the rest, good MADE IN USA leather's can be had at or below the cost for these imported versions so why bother? I wear one of the vented racing jackets from Fox Creek Leather that advertises on this site and it's the best one I've owned, I've even worn it in the snow, not on purpose, I usually wear my JR ballistic suit if it looks like rain or snow. I'm guessin' this stuff fits in with the $20k-20 mile equasion that SOME HD riders aspire to.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 08:13 AM   #26
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

I bought my wife a 100th anniversary jacket and paid a pretty penny for it. It is of nice quality and is one good looking jacket, especially on a 5'4" sweet blonde. No complaints from me on Harley apparel. You get what you pay for.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 08:51 AM   #27
robb_millett
Registered Member

RE: Pic No.28

Whoa! Gay factor nine, Mr. sulu
robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 09:33 AM   #28
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Thongs

Sarnali beat me to it, but I was gonna say thank god they didn't have ebass modeling the HD thong. Now, if you were to get one of those sweet young things from some of your earlier clothing features, eg Bree, that is another matter. Perhaps a follow-up feature?
Old 04-18-2003, 09:52 AM   #29
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Bellstaff makes it all

Ask Kathy Lee right
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 09:54 AM   #30
crazybike_37
Founding Member

Default Re: Highwayman, STFU

Oh, yeah, that was the whole point, exactly. Good thinkin' guys. D@mn, sure showed me.

I suppose I should add that I feel really embarrassed and stupid for ever posting that comment at all. Go buy some Genuine Motor parts or something.