Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-16-2003, 03:02 PM   #1
fizzchem
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Victory Vegas Reader Feedback

First post!

Very cool. JB likes a cruiser. I think I'll check out their test ride program. The blue looks wicked.
fizzchem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2003, 03:09 PM   #2
KPaulCook
Banned

Nice story. I have only rode two cruisers in my life a Sportser and a Honda Shadow. I share JB's opinion on cruisers in general. However, the Victory Vegas is pretty girl. Love the pictures guys especially the "shimmering pool is somewhat diluted by the parking stripes" shot. Good to see some American competition for HD. If I was going to buy a cruiser I certainly would look at Victory.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 03:15 PM   #3
triumph900
Founding Member

My good friend owns a dealership, and one of the brands he sells is Victory. I work there on the weekends, and we recently held the "Polaris National Open House". I had ridden the Vegas demo a few miles, and during the open house I rode it few times around the same course, leading demo rides. It is a VERY nice crusier, and got a lot of positive feedback, about the style, and how nice it rides. I think Victory has it's first (I hope not last!) winner.
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 03:15 PM   #4
staff
Registered Member

WHAT!? KPaul WANTS A CRUISER?

Gods, man, are you ill? Will the real KPaul please pipe up?
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 03:27 PM   #5
rsheidler
Founding Member

Glad to hear that the Vegas seems to work as well as it looks. The earlier Victories seemed pretty agricultural-looking, especially up close, but they have really made this one look right.

Hope it does well for them.

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 03:27 PM   #6
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

I dunno... the styling is definitely good, and it seems to go, stop, and handle like it should from the story, but 15 large is some serious cash for this bike- I could buy a Standard Softail or a Super Glide for a bunch less, not to mention the Japanese competition. I just can't justify spending that kind of money on a bike that won't hold its value. Then again, I'm probably not the customer they're aiming at.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:40 PM   #7
runner00
Founding Member

Home Run !
runner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 03:41 PM   #8
F451
Founding Member

Victory deserves credit for hanging in there and manufacturing an American Cruiser that doesn't require a second loan to clad it with goodies (not that I don't like the goodies); pretty darn good looking as is. Congratulations Victory...continued success.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 05:12 PM   #9
asphanaut
Founding Member

I saw it at the San Mateo Motorcylce show and it looks even better in person. By far the best looking cruiser at the show. Seems like the weight is down and the power is up compared to most other cruisers also.
Old 04-16-2003, 06:01 PM   #10
Buellmeister
Registered Member

Yeah, You can buy a FXD or FXST for a couple grand less but you'll always be watching the tail lite of the Vegas! Now, invest that couple grand back into the H-D's (for motor enhancement) and you'll be able to stay with the Vegas....unless he installs the Stage 1 or 2 kits.....then it's back to the ole tail lite syndrome again! I'd rather have the Vegas and not have to look at my reflection across the intersection at a stop lite.......The Kid
Buellmeister is offline   Reply With Quote