Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-17-2003, 02:51 PM   #41
triumph900
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Victory Vegas Reader Feedback

Even the older (uglier?) Victorys have very little plastic. The paint has always seemed nice as well. We have sold them since 1999, and have a couple of guys with a lot of miles (75K, 35K spring to mind right away) and the bikes look as good, if not better than other bikes with that kind of use. Most of the bits seem to be fairly high quality.
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2003, 03:24 PM   #42
staff
Registered Member

Default Re: Rippling pool

Very nice!

(You have too much time on your hands!)
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 07:03 PM   #43
vfr44
Founding Member

Hmmm even I, a VFR rider and thus highly practical, think the Vegas looks pretty good and the ergo's don't look too bad. Hope they sell enough of them so there's good 8-9k$ low mileage used ones avail in a few years.
vfr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 05:15 AM   #44
robb_millett
Registered Member

hey, enough with "Cruisers ain't for speed" crap...here's what I wanna know: will the Veghas do wheelies? MY 1400 Intruder does, and if the vegas can't wheelie , I ain't interested.

how about a pic of the vegas laying a nice fat squirmy patch? how about a pic of it sliding? wherefore does it say in the mythic motojourno's handbook that cruisers shall only be photographed, well, cruising? ...and here I thought you guys had the nads! damn it! pussies....
robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 09:43 AM   #45
SRMark
Founding Member

Nice bike. Next time test one that's been painted.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 06:23 AM   #46
Rude374
Registered Member

Not everyone likes the style or the riding position of plastic bodied sportbikes, hence the growing appeal of naked sportbikes. Many people I know want the look a Ness custom or harley with the performance of a supersport in a straight line. They don't care much for turning either. That's why the V-Rod is so hot!!! I'm a naked sportbike guy myself but find myself lusting over the V-Rod.... this victory thing looks cool too.

Rude
Rude374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 09:40 AM   #47
jsimpson
Founding Member

Victory used good judgement in sculpting the previously generic looking cylinders. The choice of sculpting is very flattering to the Excelsior Henderson, whose cylinders were sculpted almost identivcally in 1999-2000. I wonder if one of the Nesses has an EH in his stable?
Old 04-19-2003, 02:25 PM   #48
OutOfTheMatrix
Founding Member

I test rode the silver w/tribal flames and trust me, the pictures don't do the bike justice (although I think it still looks good in the pictures).

This ride rocks!

OutOfTheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 05:18 AM   #49
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Where's the front fork travel

Doesn't look like much room for travel when you hit good bumps or have to grab a handful of front brake for an emergency stop. Other than that, I saw the Vegas at the Polaris gig in downtown Sturgis last summer and had the wife snap a pic of it and me. Personally I really like the look and would like to test ride one even though I'm strictly Harley through and through. I own the stock, so it would be against my personal best interests to lay out cold hard for any other brand. If not for that, the Vegas would probably do, except I sure like have all the bags my dresser has. Once you have the bags, you can't do without.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 12:56 PM   #50
Bruno_1
Founding Member

I ride a 97 Magna and it's been 4 years worth of cheap thrills (I bought it used). It's pretty fast, and handles well enough, and I've always gotten compliments from people that it looks pretty cool.

I've been looking around a little for my next bike, and I was mostly considering the naked sportbikes. I've been drooling over a Tuono for a while. If you wanted something a little faster then a Magna that can turn at least a little, there wasn't much out there in cruiser land.

Then the V-Rod was introduced, and I thought it was pretty cool of H-D to actually make this bike. I never felt 100% comfortable with how the thing looked though. I started seeing the ad's for the Victory, and I loved the way it looked, but I wanted to see some reviews of how it handled, what the power was, and here it is, so my $12 are well spent for the year.

I'm not too worried about straight line speed, but I don't want it to be any slower then the Magna. Not a problem with the V-Rod, but not 100% sure how this one would match up. Nothing that a test ride won't be able to resolve (if I can find a dealer that will let me ride it).

The bottom line is though, since I have a little more $ to spend, compared to when I was in the market for the Magna, I'll be seriously considering this one.

Bruno_1 is offline   Reply With Quote