Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-17-2003, 09:38 AM   #31
Grover
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Victory Vegas Reader Feedback

Sure, call me out... check the engine covers, not so much the actual covers, but the circular medallions or whatever you want to call them. I thought maybe the sprocket cover was plastic also, but I could be wrong.

I still say that if you park it next to a duece and really go over them both very closely, the difference might surprise you.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2003, 11:22 AM   #32
johnnyb
Founding Member

Nope, the sprocket cover's steel. It's parked next to our V-Rod, and the hardware and fasteners, since you mentioned it, are remarkably similar--and as I recall, the V-Rod is a step above the typical H-D isn't it? V-Rod and Victory frame tubes even look to be the same size steel tube, painted an identical color.

No plastic on the V-Rod, but how bout that big rubber breather hose on the right side of the engine?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 11:30 AM   #33
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

No, actually, from what I've seen, the Rod is a step down in build quality from any of the Big Twins- go look at the exhaust end cap welds (REALLY bad on the ones I've seen) or any of the welds on the frame, as well as the plastic turnsignal stalks.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:31 AM   #34
staff
Registered Member

Those front head-tube grill thingies on the 'rod are plastic. Kinda ugly with the greenish paint, but the silver ones were nice.
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 11:32 AM   #35
Andonyx
Registered Member

Default Re: Rippling pool

I got your rippling pool right here!.

http://www.andonyx.com/vicref.jpg
Old 04-17-2003, 12:04 PM   #36
jaypuck
Founding Member

Default Re: Rippling pool

I think you have too much time but that's hilarious.
jaypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 12:38 PM   #37
chris_z
Founding Member

I've had my deposit down on an all silver model with the billet wheel pkg since October. I can't believe that it's finally goping to be here next month. Locked in at MSRP $14999 w/ 1,600 for the mags.

chris_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 12:44 PM   #38
Grover
Founding Member

captain what-his-nutz is right, the build quality on the V-rod is definately a step down from the other big twins, the bad welds and propensity of plastic being only the tip of the iceburg. Notice I said compared to a Deuce above, but whatever.

I think the big rubber hose you're talking about is the water line that runs from the water pump up to the heads, or something.

I heard it was supposed to be braided steel but cost cutting measures put the kabosh on that. Besides, now they can sell the braided steel hose in the P&A catalog and charge $80 a pop for it. Brilliant.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 01:20 PM   #39
theDuke
Founding Member

Or I could get a Yamaha v-star 1100 And a Ducati Monster 620ie for the same price!

But seriously, the Vegas looks awesome in person. I recently saw a red one and the paint looked fabulous. The few I've seen all have a bunch of dealer ad-ons, like those $1,600 wheels, flamed paint, etc, so I'd wait a few months for the hype to calm down a bit.

theDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 01:36 PM   #40
triumph900
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Victory Engine Paint?

They have black or silver engines and black or silver frames. You can mix/match them. The dealers ordered them this year, next you you can custom order via internet.
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote