Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-17-2003, 05:17 AM   #21
ShawnVegas
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Victory Vegas Reader Feedback

It looks good to me, senor. I prefer the custom wheels as opposed to the wire wheels. I'll take mine in yellow or blue.

Wheels Link
ShawnVegas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2003, 05:39 AM   #22
reggler
Founding Member

Victory is definitely making progress. The Vegas is their best product to date, but...... 15k is not chump change no matter what H-D's go for and you know you've got to drop another $500 to replace those gawd-awful pipes. Why don't they just contract with V&H for something decent from the start and quit letting "designers" put crap on a beautiful machine?

Enough negative stuff, overall I have to give Victory a thumbs up for a great effort and hope they are successful.
reggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 05:57 AM   #23
KPaulCook
Banned

Seattle is the Prozac capital .
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 06:00 AM   #24
Grover
Founding Member

I agree that the Vegas is without a doubt Victory's best bike to date, but after seeing it in person, Victory still has a long way to go before it reaches H-D territory.

Being more of a sportbike/vintage guy, I never liked harleys much until I realized that they're not supposed to go fast and turn corners at big lean angles. First and foremost, they're supposed to look good, and when it comes to fit and finish, H-D may well be one of the best companies in the world.

It's little things that make the difference, the quality of the paint, the quality of the chrome, and the fact that the number of styled surfaces on a harley (e.g. engine covers, switch housings, etc) that are made of plastic can probably be counted on one hand. A quick rapping of various parts of the vegas revealed plastic, plastic and more plastic.

Like I said, I don't own or desire to own a harley, but they are what they are, and for whatever that is, they are the best in the world.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 07:08 AM   #25
nweaver
Founding Member

And if cruisers were REALLY about speed, Honda would make an RC51 based cruiser, or Yamaha would (even better) make an R1 or FJR-1300 based cruiser.

Hell, don't be ashamed of the I4.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 07:28 AM   #26
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Cruisers are not about speed. I have heard that excuse for slow rides many times. Pokey Pokey is alright for a little while, but then that need for speed grabs your privates and the avg. cruiser is going for performance upgrades. Maybe I just live in a different part of the country but performance upgrades appear to be top priority along with cosmetic improvements. Compared to cars most cruisers are fast. Some of us like to be able to cruise and satisfy an undeniable need for speed. That's why God had Yamaha make the V-max way back in 85.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:41 AM   #27
johnnyb
Founding Member

Hmmm, I just went down and rapped and found those two v-shaped chrome deals between the V are indeed plastic, and the turn signal mounts are plastic, and that's all the plastic I can find. Doesn't seem like much?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 10:08 AM   #28
jaypuck
Founding Member

sounds like my boss. what in god's name is a "compelling value story"?

and I agree, that's a cheap bike compared to the hd crowd's normal bikes. I know a couple of hardcore harley guys (I mean the kind that live like the highwayman's stories) and the only thing they buy is older harleys. the evo is a wimp engine because it's rubber mounted, belt drive is for sissies, etc. the real reason they don't buy new ones is because they can't afford them. some of the guys have brand new bikes and, guess what, they are the victorys because they are affordable (comparatively).
jaypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 10:16 AM   #29
jaypuck
Founding Member

nothing like this kind of response to make you glad you upped 12 bones to read this site.

not only do they respond, but they also give you smack about it when they do.
jaypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 10:32 AM   #30
odklr
Founding Member

My dream garage has a spot for a cruiser in it, but it would be the last spot filled. And then I see the Vegas, and my priority has changed. I find that I am spending time thinking about this bike. If I had the funds I would buy it today. This is an emotional response to a beautiful, yet functional bike.
odklr is offline   Reply With Quote