Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-15-2003, 08:48 AM   #31
Minister
Founding Member

Default Re: Corbin Motors is Bankrupt:

California's Central Valley is one of the nation's great amphetamine-manufacturing regions. The chaos on the other end of the phone and the quality problems with seats I've encourntered in recent years have made me wonder if focus/judgement/follow-thru at Corbin's shop might have been impaired by better living thru chemistry.
Minister is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2003, 08:57 AM   #32
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Necessity is the mother of invention

That is basically the approach taken in Europe for many years. Assuming that you accept the premis that it is an appropriate role of the government to promote reduced fuel consumption, this is probably a more effective means to that end than the CAFE standards approach we use.

I DO agree with you that IF we are using CAFE, SUVs should be considered as cars rather than as trucks.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 09:13 AM   #33
sarnali
Founding Member

Anybody stupid enough to bite into this lemon deserves to get chumped. The only place these type of vehicals would sell is in some super crowded city that banned i/c engines. Straight electric cars are not the answer, gas/electric hybrids are. I read in the paper where GM is pulling the plug (chortle) on their electric car program after figuring out that $20k cars with 100 mile ranges aren't going to sell.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 09:22 AM   #34
sarnali
Founding Member

AN' A ' NOTHER THING, Did the enviromentalists ever figure out where electricity comes from? up here they want to breech the Columbia river hydro-electric dams, close down the only coal fired plant left standing in Wa., and regulate our nuke plant out of existance. I guess we'll resort to giant wave turbines off the coast and lightning rods on every house. But then wave turbines alter tidal flow patterns and cause erosion. I know, we'll buy it off California!
Old 04-15-2003, 09:28 AM   #35
sarnali
Founding Member

He probably would have plugged your ass for trespassing
Old 04-15-2003, 09:34 AM   #36
sarnali
Founding Member

You must live in Washington state, increasing the gas tax is the answer here for everything. Though I admit it's a sure fire way to get people into more fuel efficiant vehicals. Now they want to raise the tax on beer, wine and hooch, commie bastards!
Old 04-15-2003, 09:40 AM   #37
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Off subject

Actually, I've allways wondered if it would be technologically possible to store the energy in a lighting strike (not to get into the cost or politics of building it). Just interested in some of you smart guys ideas.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 09:41 AM   #38
sarnali
Founding Member

I bought one of his seats in '86 for my K100RS, it was an ill-fitting P.O.S. then, I guess they haven't improved over the years.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:45 AM   #39
KPaulCook
Banned

Good one. I am all better now. Seattle is the capital of antidepressants. More prosac per captia than anywhere
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 09:46 AM   #40
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Off subject

I don't think it is because it's such a high energy short interval burst, 'course it worked for Gene Wilder in Young Frankenstien so who knows?