Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-15-2003, 02:46 PM   #51
Betamax
Founding Member

Default Re: '03 600s, Part II: On the Dirty Boulevard...

Let's wait and see what they pick before we start smugly criticizing them for what they haven't yet done and may never do.

According to that logic, if they pick the Honda it's because of bias...so I guess if they pick the R6 it's because of a different bias? or more Yamaha ads that month? Sheesh...

Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2003, 03:15 PM   #52
dardas
Founding Member

That's the way I was instructed to do it by my (former) boss.
dardas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 03:43 PM   #53
12er
Founding Member

Default Invisible Headlight on the R6

Sean, JohnnyB did either of you notice the above? Ive barely seen a couple on the street as the dual one side only projector beams can almost not be seen during the day. How does those lights work in the evening? They seem great for stealth riding during the day...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 06:02 PM   #54
sarnali
Founding Member

I find motorcycle consumer news is pretty good and un-biased, also Rider and of course M.O. You're right about the Speed Triple, I've wanted one of those for a while.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 06:07 PM   #55
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Too sharp for their own good?

worn out or cupped front tires will get shakey too, though obviousley not on a new bike.,,, I don't buy the Buell disc size argument.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 06:11 PM   #56
donardo
Founding Member

These bikes all look and sound like they are great bikes. The problem is, I am 40 years old, have bad knees, have never touched a knee down on the pavement, and unfortunately do not think I ever will. My 1999 Honda F4 seems to be getting better all the time(I believe better than a F4I based on their crappy seat). I know the manufacturers have to keep selling new bikes, but how many of us really ride our bikes anywhere other than the street?

I have to give it to Yamaha though, it does seem to be the most street friendly of the new 600's, and still kicks butt on the track.
donardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 07:43 PM   #57
Jimmm
Registered Member

Just a reminder that in the last 600 shootout by Motorcyclist, in 2001, they picked the R6.

We will see...

Jim
Jimmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 07:49 PM   #58
Jimmm
Registered Member

Default Re: '03 600s, Other choices

Shaun

You may be surprised. I have the new R6 and the bike is quite comfy. Let me know how your ride goes.

However, I recently installed genmar bar risers on it and it is even better now. They raise the bars about 3/4" of an inch and look stock. The rise is Just noticable but it doesn't seem to affect the handling at all, though I haven't had time to ride it in the twisties yet.

Jim
Jimmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 08:33 PM   #59
Betamax
Founding Member

Default Re: '03 600s, Other choices

Jimmm, that's great to know, thanks.

I was considering the CBR600F4i but recently test-rode one and found that the bars were buzzy as heck at highway speeds, so that's out.

I'm also waiting to test the new SVS650 (still not here yet) but after hearing about the relative comfort of the R6, I'm going to test that as well.

I'm looking for something for canyon carving primarily, but also would like to be able to go for overnighters and such without needing to see a chiropracter afterward...
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 08:40 PM   #60
dardas
Founding Member

Default Re: Inconsistencies between Part 1 and Part 2?

Fair play to you, Micty. They're quite some inconsistancies.
dardas is offline   Reply With Quote