Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-11-2003, 09:05 AM   #41
supecoop
Founding Member

Default Re: Scoop! 2003 Mondial Piega Feedback

Great scoop and story, but help out here. What does Yossef mean about twins kicking four's asses in sweepers and that with a four, a spin out is always imminent? Is that because of a four's higher revs where a two gets torque at lower revs? If I knew this stuff and could write, maybe I could get a job like his.
supecoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2003, 01:58 AM   #42
crashedupderby
Founding Member

who needs or wants golf clulbs if you have a gsxr-1000 or a hiya_busa???
crashedupderby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 07:58 PM   #43
dardas
Founding Member

Well, Israel competes as a European team in th World Cup and enters the Eurovision Song Contest every year. I'd say he's at least honorary Eurotrash
dardas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 08:06 PM   #44
dardas
Founding Member

I had a guy in a VW Jetta - yes, a VW jetta - flex his revs on me at the lights the other day. Honestly, the cheek! I din't know what to do except laugh. No doubt he's now nursing his ego with a performance parts catalog.
dardas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 08:08 AM   #45
93gixxer-6/7
Founding Member

Default Re: Scoop! 2003 Mondial Piega Feebdack

I know if I have to ask the price I can't afford it, but does anybody know how much these sell for?

93gixxer-6/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 10:30 AM   #46
yosef
Founding Member

Hi coop

Theory says that the long intervals between power pulses on a twin let the tire "recover" and gain back traction while at the adhesion limit.

The higher rotational inertia of the crankshaft of a twin also helps to tame the power delivery.
yosef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 06:35 AM   #47
erikthered
Founding Member

In layman's terms, it's easier for a knuckle dragger like me to stay in one piece with a twin than with a four because of it's more progressive power delivery. Takes more talent than most of us have (not to mention nerve) to utilize the full potential of one of those super-hot 4's. It's also easier to go fast in general because twins tend to have more torque, and a wider powerband, making gearing choice less of an issue, again, a skill (or in my case, lack thereof) thing.

Sweeeeeet bike. I don't know that it's worth 2-1/2 times what I paid for my Mille, but maybe if I get a paper route after work and sell a kidney...... For now, it's PC wallpaper.
erikthered is offline   Reply With Quote