Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-09-2003, 04:32 AM   #11
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Re: Scoop! 2003 Mondial Piega Feedback

Way to scoop, MO!

This is good shyt, Man.

I started on Harleys and moved to BMW, but I've learned o love it all.

As to the bike, it's refreshing, I think, to see something other than the obligitory red coming on an Itlaian exotic. My only complaint would be the Triumph-caricature "Mondial" logo on the side. But I'll get over it, I'm sure.

As to the story, you know, Staff, that God is in the details. Someone there at MO HQ really needs to be checking Yossef's stories for spelling and punctuation. I love his word-play and style, so I'll give on the sometimes unorthodox grammar, but spelling and punctuation are small things that mark professionalism from mere enthusiasm.

As far as I know, MO is the *only* mag that hires an actual Europaean as their Euro. correspondant. This is great. All the others hire Brits, which is fine, but tends to impart a distinctly Brittish flavour to the stories we in America get about the Italian and German bikes. I like that the stories coming out on Italian bikes are written by a man MO has on the ground IN ITALY. Alan Cathcart (bless him) would b1tch that the Piega has no clock or cetrestand, and "Why is the petrol economy so $hitty?"

Yossef's style is really unique in the moto biz (at least amoung those I've read) and I look forward to his contributions almost as much as I did to Greg's. Go MO!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2003, 05:27 AM   #12
g-bear
Founding Member

It's GIUseppe, not GUIseppe, damn!

GIUseppe
g-bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 06:07 AM   #13
rsheidler
Founding Member

I agree with your praise of Yossef. We are lucky to have him. I believe, however, that he is Israeli rather than European. The validity of your observations stand in any case.

Regarding spelling and grammar -- I noticed at least a couple of spelling errors in your post as well

Seriously, the standard of editing in the entire e-zine industry is far below that of print journalism, I assume in large part due to the much shorter composition to publication cycles. This seems to be the case even in on-line versions of established print magazines, albeit to a lesser extent.

I seldom fail to cringe when I read one of my own posts here -- no matter how closely I think I have read the preview, I see blatant errors as soon as I hit the SUBMIT button.

Best Regards

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 06:17 AM   #14
Randy_P_Moran
Founding Member

It's interesting to see how Mondial decided to go with a longer wheelbase and more relaxed Rake/Trail figures instead of mounting the radiators on the sides as Honda does with the RC51. I wonder how hot it runs in traffic (not that a bike like this will spend too much time commuting).

The bike is beautiful. I wish I could afford one.
Randy_P_Moran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 06:28 AM   #15
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Send Best Wishes for Kato

I apologize for posting this in a totally unrelated thread, but most people will not see the old threads.

For those who have been asking about someplace to send well-wishes to Daijiro Kato and his family, MotoGP.com has established a special forum to do so CLICK FOR LINK

The hospital has not released any new information on his status, but several other riders who have been staying near him have reported that his heart rate and blood pressure have improved somewhat.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:55 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Yeah, we all see that, too.

Just kidding.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:11 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

This would certainly look good parked in my garage next to a Benelli Tornado. (Dream on foo!)

Seriously. The state of Japanese bikes has certainly come a long way from the overweight power monsters of the late 70's/early 80's. Back then an Italian company could cobble together almost anything and it would out handle Japan's best. Today they've got to put together a 30K package to begin to come up with something that is even margianlly better.

What a wonderful time for motorcyclists we live in. You can get anything your heart desires. A car built with the level of components that festoons the average sportbike costs over $100,000. You may call these 40K-50K offerings "performance cars" but compared to a 10K motorcycle they are bad jokes.

Well I'm off to blow the doors away from the latest beemer cage with my decade old Suzuki. Hope the suit behind the wheel feels his investment was worthwhile.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:46 AM   #18
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Send Best Wishes for Kato

Note that the MotoGP forum apparently requires that you first register.

I also learned that Shoei have opened a special e-mail address and that they are relaying the messages to his family and friends at the hospital -- ganbaredaijiro@shoeihelmet.co.jp
Old 04-09-2003, 07:49 AM   #19
rsheidler
Founding Member

Unfortunately, some of my most blatant errors are in logic, facts and critical thinking, rather than grammar and spelling

How are things in Utah? My wife and daughter will be there next week, but work keeps me from going as well.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:30 AM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

Two days ago we got the most snowfall in the valley that we've had all year...about 4 inches.

Today I rode my bike 42 miles to work (42 degree low overnight).

Most importantly the yearly 45 day legislative session is over. So it's safe for your family to to come out now. I really feel sorry for you guys who have professional legislatures causing mischief all year round.

Another good thing is that the old SLC police chief who was hired because of his "gang expertise" has left and with the new chief gang problems have plummeted. (Amazing what happens when your police chief is trying to reduce crime rather than increase it so he can get big headlines and more funding).