Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2003 V-Rod Vs. Warrior Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1752-2003-v-rod-vs-warrior-reader-feedback.html)

danch 04-04-2003 05:41 PM

Re: The Runaway

I love this bit!

"...all swerved into strategic positions astride the stricken biker..."

Hmm, is this the secret homo-erotic 'slip' guarenteed to be in every highwayman post?

dwr461 04-04-2003 06:08 PM

Re: 2003 V-Rod Vs. Warrior Reader Feedback

And we are all now more homosexual having read your posting.

Dave

Orangetrak 04-04-2003 06:22 PM

>It was all in a dayÂ’s ride for the Harley mountain brethren-

As if they could handle more than one day....

>They made a raucous run up the steep grades and discambered corners of the mountainÂ’s north side-

The 30MPH, peg-scrapping speeds were staggering....

>Here these stout and hearty riders indulged in fierce feasting and the other sacred rituals of mountain men-

In their tight-whites--"Thank you Sir, may I have another..."

>and then commenced a thunderous descent from the snowy peaks.

I'm sure those awesome Harley brakes were completely comforting.....

>As they tackled the asphalt with brawny roadcraft, one rider suddenly broke ranks and failed to slow for a treacherous corner.

See above....

>and the throttle wide open - it was a runaway!

How can you tell?.....

>All instantly knew what was at stake here.

My daddy is gonna be pissed at me for trashing the bike....

>But these were Harley men, and with daring resolve all swerved into strategic positions

astride the stricken biker.

"Hey, can you bend over and get that bar of soap for me?"

>Brakes were forsaken

You can't forsake what you don't have....

>speeds soared as bold commitments backed by deep trust were swapped with rapid eye contact and swift hand signals.

'I've never seen you here at the Raunchy Trike before..."

>Narrow and jagged curves were showered with sparks

What other option is there?

>The speeds were well beyond the ton now

Only because it's downhill....

>On one curve the mountaineers careened at ungodly speed past a scenic vista and each and every one of the ordinary folk gathered there for picnic and repose was thunderstruck by the conclusive proof of what hitherto only a few had ever dared hope:

A Harley was going over 60 MPH....

>Another few corners and the forbidding odds became bleaker as the road fell away perilously in a final descent towards Dead ManÂ’s Curve - here was the moment of truth.

"I am going to eat hot death...."

>With all abreast in a giant V formation of bikes, buckskin and bravado,

"I love the Village people....."

>arms were locked together, boots and gloves were braced and the signal was given.

"Alright, drop and give me twenty..."

>leveraged thousands of foot-pounds of raw torque

Someone started every Harley ever made.....

>Brakes blazed bright red, tires scorched broad black wakes and smoke burned off all friction surfaces as flames licked about everywhere

"That M.S.F. course was hell..

>Back at the ultimate peak of the mountain, an old soothsayer cloaked in hooded robe raised a long crooked finger to the heavens and whispered "I woulda been your Daddy, but the dog beat me up the stairs...."

They call me . . . The RumpRanger_______________________

Your Name: orangetrak [ Logout ]

Subject:

ho0fart3d 04-04-2003 07:04 PM

No pic of guages?

All this talk about how cool the Warriors guages are and no pictures? Give us a damn pic!

Z3Coupe 04-04-2003 07:05 PM

How perfect a story is this? "Backwoodsmen" (aka "Hill-people") riding bikes that break...

You've truly captured the spirit now, brother...

Heheheheh.

tmech 04-04-2003 07:58 PM

Re: Time of the season?

"The V-Rod represents both a move into the second half of the 20th century for Harley. ..." Oh, so they made that thing in 1950! Cool..)

sarnali 04-04-2003 08:53 PM

About the only thing that comes to mind is some rub ****tin' himself when he comes to a tight corner and goes into mental reset, a sport bike rider would knock it down a gear and slam it through the corner, then turn around and try it from the other direction. Oh well Highwayman, you're always good for a laugh, Being a Manly Man, I figured you'd be over kickin' Iraqi ass by now, guess you got caught up in the " don't ask, don't tell" thing, Huh?.... About the V-Rod/ Warrior, I like the paint on the V-Rod, I saw one in Motorcyclist that had cast spoke wheels that looked really cool, and a bike that scores it's own ginch would be pretty handy to have......I rode a V-Rod a little bit so I know how well they work but a $7k price difference would be hard to justify if the Warrior came close, I'd probably go with the V-Rod on looks and performance and try not to think about the money,,, and the JB license plate holder should say " my other ride is your sister," not "my other bike is your sister"

Betamax 04-04-2003 08:55 PM

LMAO. A classic.

Betamax 04-04-2003 09:17 PM

Some people say the V-Rod isn't a real Harley because of the Porsche engine, but I say Hey it's outrageously overpriced and corners like a pig, what more do you want?

That said, I'll give HD kudos for trying to stay ahead of the curve, unlike camp-follower Yamaha.

(note to Shortride: the first paragraph is just a joke, so don't get your Harley Davidson panties in a twist.)

Buzglyd 04-05-2003 03:23 AM

Now I know the reason for armchaps!

They are to protect your forearms when you lock arms with your bretheren to prevent "a runaway."