Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-23-2003, 05:42 AM   #71
Grappelli
Registered Member

Default Re: 2003 600 Shootout: Is 636cc Cheating?

I buy motorcycles I like. I have a 700cc motorbike and an 1136cc motorbike. What's wrong with a 636? I'm not racing...

By the way, I looked at the 636 the other day and it is one gorgeous piece of one year fashion bike. I'm almost tempted.
Grappelli is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2003, 06:03 AM   #72
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Sure ....

Don't get caught in his web of madness Sean!

You've been warned.......................
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 06:42 AM   #73
Sam_Freed
Registered Member

Default Long live MO!

This is what makes MO great. The ability to participate in the dialog (hopefully in a productive and/or entertaining manner). Imagine a motojournalistic world without the Highwayman, MR. ALLCAPS, K Paul, Longride, arm chaps, sneaky leakers, atrociteurs, brain buckets . . . you'd have . . . .you'd have . . . .you'd have . . . CYCLE WORLD! AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!!!!!
Sam_Freed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 07:12 AM   #74
SPEEDFREAK_1
Founding Member

If it is not cheating why did they have to make two bikes,one that could race with the real 600 and one for the track to race with 750........And what we are talking about here is should this bike be put in the same class and compared with the others fairly and as we see at the track it isnt aloud to race in the 600 class. I think it is great what they have done with everything else they did to the bike and to keep the price down,that is good for all of us,but we are talking about this comparision......
SPEEDFREAK_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 07:34 AM   #75
KPaulCook
Banned

Default MCN of UK ranked CBR first in a comparo

Youv'e been htmled that was good. I think I touched a nerve eh? Anyway I am working on trying to find the link from MCN that ranked CBR first. Standby for more html.

Can the CBR get a fair review from MO now?

Would MO admit the bike is better even if it was? Those questions will be raised by others
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 08:16 AM   #76
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: MCN of UK ranked CBR first in a comparo continued

CBR kicks butt click here

I kind of feel like Donald Rumsfield arguing with the Iraqi Ministry of Information (Propaganda)

Old 03-23-2003, 08:19 AM   #77
KPaulCook
Banned

Great post

I kind of feel like Donald Rumsfield arguing with the Iraqi Ministry of Information (MO readers who hate hondas) I ride a Ninja but I admire Honda.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:21 AM   #78
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Defending the CBR 600 RR (Evidence contary to MO opinion)

I kind of feel like Donald Rumsfield arguing with the Iraqi Ministry of Information (Propaganda)
Old 03-23-2003, 08:21 AM   #79
KPaulCook
Banned

Old 03-23-2003, 08:37 AM   #80
kawazuki
Founding Member

> Here is some evidence to the contray to MO.

Uh, MO didn't give an opinion on the CBR. They said that Honda wouldn't give them one, and that evidently the biggest manufacturer was having a difficult time pulling its head out of it's ass on getting its bikes built (my words) so they couldn't buy one either, AND that when they could do so, they would. Presumably they'll do at least a 2 bike comparo against the winner of this shootout, and since they dig on riding bikes as much as I assume they must, if they can get the other guys to kick out all the bikes again they'll compare as many of them back to back as they can. I'd have to say that in the face of the rather public relations suicidal mode of action that Honda is displaying, they're performing admirably.

I dunno, KPaul... you get a lot of flak from other MOFos for being confrontational, but as that's my modus as well I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt in my own mind, but it sure seems like you just really get off on getting your knickers in a twist. A little less hydrophobic gnashing of teeth over miniscule and sometimes imagined events might buy you a lot more respect.
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote