Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-22-2003, 03:43 PM   #41
micro
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 600 Shootout: Is 636cc Cheating?

The other companys look like two time chumps because when kawasaki made their euro only 636 last year, people loved it. They should have seen this trend coming.
micro is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2003, 03:55 PM   #42
micro
Founding Member

Yes you need a bigger v twin to produce the same horsepower as a smaller 4 thats why the 750 twin is in the test.
micro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 04:03 PM   #43
jsven007
Founding Member

Blah, Blah, Blah, KPaulCook is gay and I am sorry to hear that
jsven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 04:18 PM   #44
Jexter
Founding Member

Default Re: you're either unprofessional or not

No dude, I think that he's saying the both accusations of drunken unprofessionalism were blown out of proportion.

I don't really get any "playing the victim" vibe from JB either, just implied jabs at the institutions involved for being too stuffy.
Jexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 04:35 PM   #45
Jexter
Founding Member

Default I disagree.

I feel that MO is completely justified in saying whatever they want about Honda, as long as they don't lie about anything. As for the pay-for-the-bikes-yourself route, JB already said that it wasn't possible right now (I'm sure if they were a Consumer Reports-type mag, they STILL wouldn't be able to get one).

From what's been said so far, I don't think they could have played it much nicer, and I -and probably most of us- didn't want to wait any longer for the review, so there it is. Makes perfect sense. Not to mention I like making jabs at people who deserve it (Honda).
Old 03-22-2003, 04:38 PM   #46
Jexter
Founding Member

Sounds like Honda should lighten up a bit, like the the Big other three.
Old 03-22-2003, 05:21 PM   #47
Gabe
Registered Member

Default MR. ALLCAPS ON 600'S

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY EVEN MAKE THESE LITTLE *****EZ BIKES ANYWAY EVERYBODY KNOWZ THAT YOU NEED A LITERBIKE TO HAVE ANY FUN ON, HOW THE HELL CAN YOU WHEELIE 6 MILEZ PAST A HUGE STRING OF CARZ ON I-95 ON A 600? EVEN IF YOU DO HAVE AN EXTRA 36 CC'Z

SO I FINALLY WAS ABLE TO ASK THE BRAIN IN THE TANK WITH ME, HELGA, IF SHE WOULD GO TO THE DISEMBODIED BRAIN DINNER AND DANCE. SHE SAID NO, THANKS, SHE WAS GOING WITH THE PARTIALLY DAMAGED PREFRONTAL LOBE OF A SKYDIVER. I TOLD HER SHE WAS MAKING A MISTAKE, THAT I COULD LOVE HER LIKE NO OTHER DISEMBODIED BRAIN, AND ANYWAY, WHAT THE HELL IS SHE GOING TO DO WITH A GUY WHO IS JUST A PARTIALLY DAMAGED PREFRONTAL LOBE, ANYWAY? I MEAN, HE'S GOT NO MEDULLA OBLONGATA, NO DIENCEPHALON-THALAMUS OR EVEN HYPOTHALMUS! HOW ARE YOU GOING TO PLEASE A WOMAN IF YOU DON'T EVEN GOT NO HYPOTHALMUS? DAMN!

THERE'S NO ACCOUNTING FOR TASTE, SO I'M HAVING MY FRIEND GABE TAKE ME TO SEARS POINT RACEWAY (INFINION) IN A COOLER TO CHECK OUT SOME AFM RACING ACTION TOMMORROW, SUNDAY MARCH 23RD. HE'S RIGHT AT THE MAIN GATE, AT THE END OF THE GARAGES, SO ANY OF YOU MOtards CAN COME BY TO SAY HI TO MR. ALLCAPS OR GABE. LOOK FOR AN OLD LIME-GREEN HONDA ASCOT #704. (I KNOW IT'S A ***** BIKE BUT HE TYPES FOR ME AND POURS SCHLITZ INTO MY TANK SO DON'T SAY ANYTHING)

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 05:25 PM   #48
brickl
Founding Member

Default Bad Dunlop 208s? Yup.

I believe the Dunlop 208s on the Yamaha R6 and R1 are flawed. My 03 R1 had a serious headshake on the decel between 60 and 40 with the OEM 208. Tried everything to get rid of it. Finally switched to Bridgestone BT012SS and the headshake was kaput. Still kaput with Pirelli Dragon Evos.

The headshake was not the only problem with the 208 skins and my 03 R1. Vibration in the bars during low speed cornering was unsettling. I think the 208L, which is the "special" Yamaha version of the 208 just plain sucks.
brickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 06:34 PM   #49
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Somehow I think Honda did this because they were afraid of losing (an informed guess, watch how well it does in the other tests). Sounds like MO is sending a message to Honda. MO's priorities seem right in line to me. I expect them to do their best to accurately inform me of which bike they think is best for a given application. MO appears to be thinking long term and I, as a subscriber, appreciate their professionalism in doing what I and I think most other subscribers are asking of them (where would your loyalties be?). If, while having fun, I break something (machinery) and offer to pay to have it fixed, it's over. MO's relationship seems to be just fine with the other Manufacturers (and then some!). I'm curious if in your world a "professional relationship" entails lying to your customers to make your suppliers look good. Honda has in the past and will in the future make some fine motorcycles. This year it looks like they don't have the "600" class leader. MO appearently made a good faith effort to get the bike. Honda apparently didn't want the publicity that this model would generate relative to it's competition.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 06:37 PM   #50
abt
Founding Member

Is anyone else having problems getting the shootout page to load fully? For me, it stalls with "21 items" left to load, and it seems to cause my IE to have problems fully loading other pages, until I close the program and start over again.
abt is offline   Reply With Quote