Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-22-2003, 01:57 PM   #31
Colorado_F4
Registered Member

Default Re: 2003 600 Shootout: Is 636cc Cheating?

Maybe Honda were acting like babies or whatever, but the fact of the matter is a 600 Shootout is not legitimate without including the Honda. Having to read 5 paragraphs at the start of the article containing nothing but excuses for why you couldn't get a Honda is annoying. The bottom line is that if Cycle World and Motorcyclist are testing out all the bikes and you guys aren't, then they are more legitimate publications than MO.

And from those 5 paragraphs of excuses it also seems apparent that you guys are bitter, and thus I wonder how objective you will be when you finally do get your hands on the RR. In that respect, by bad-mouthing Honda, you're being no better than you're making Honda out to be.

I suggest that MO should either play nice and do what you have to do to get the test bikes, or go the pay-for-bikes-yourself route like Consumer Reports. When reading bike comparos, I want to read about all the bikes, not about who pissed whom off and why only some of the bikes are represented.

I'm not happy with Honda either for refusing the test bike, but guys, work it out.
Colorado_F4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2003, 02:03 PM   #32
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Gotta love you guys. Anybody that ruffles the Honda camp, like you did, has my praise. I bet the Honda officials could sit on a lump of coal and crap out a diamond. Best test yet of any comparo I have read, and I don't even like 600's! Kaw snuck in a sucker punch, and whipped em all. Never heard cries that the ZX9 had a 10% displacement disadvantage. Sorry folks, but there are no rules in production motorcycles, or street fights. Looks like Honda couldn't buy the outcome, so they quit. Business as usual for them. BIG congrats to Sean , as he looked to be smokin em all that day. Johnny, keep up the honesty, as that is why you are loved by the crowd, and hated by the suits. I think me, the MO boys, and a bottle of Cuervo 1800, and we could see some REAL drunkin antics!
Old 03-22-2003, 03:01 PM   #33
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Can Honda get a fair review from MO?

I have to agree with you on this. Maybe MO should do some hard thinking and ask some questions. What does MO what to be when it grows up? Does it want to be the best web site or does it want to just get by? If it wants to be the best, then MO should think long term. Either buy the bikes or be responsible with what Honda gives you. When I once suggested Buell had bought a good review from MO, I was told I was wrong. Now it seems that Honda won't get a fair review of the CBR.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 03:05 PM   #34
KPaulCook
Banned

Somehow I don't think Honda did this because they were afraid of losing. If that was the case other sites and pubs would run into the same thing. Sounds like they are sending a message to MO. MO should think long-term and have a professional relationship with all makers of bikes.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 03:47 PM   #35
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Oh, then why the ZX6-RR?

If kawasaki thought it would get spanked without the extra 37ccs, why bother with the ZX6-RR for track usage?

That the kawasaki has the biggest displacement, the trickest bits, and the lightest weight. Even without the extra 37cc, it would still have the trickest bits and probably the lightest weight.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 03:49 PM   #36
nweaver
Founding Member

Default The Red/Black R6 looks nice

It's a "limited" color choice IIRC, but they had a red & black one at the local dealer, and it was a nice color combination.

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 04:00 PM   #37
sarnali
Founding Member

C'mon now, tell us how you REALLY feel,
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 04:06 PM   #38
ShamanWS6
Founding Member

Great test. I sat a ZX-6R today but I just can't bring myself to buy it when I have a 2003 GSX-R 1K on order.

It felt like it was cut from a billet just wheeling it around.
2009 GSX-R 600 (RACE #100)
2008 GSX-R 1000 (RACE #100)
2008 KX 450F
2007 Tuono 1000R
http://www.trackfanatics.ca/
ShamanWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 04:08 PM   #39
micro
Founding Member

I guess they were cheating using a 636 to win the 750 superstock race at daytona two weaks ago. The field is full of gsxr750s that are not slow.
micro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 04:29 PM   #40
micro
Founding Member

Default Re: The best value in Motorcycling (600s) just got better.

You hit the nail on the head,these bikes are a great value. It will be hard to argue the cost performance ratio of the 636. I just wish I was in the market for a new bike. Now if I could just convince the wife that my 2year old sportbike was worn out. Hey maby thats why they make new better models so fast.
micro is offline   Reply With Quote