Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-14-2004, 01:27 AM   #311
PoppySTS
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 600 Shootout: Is 636cc Cheating?

you have a small penis problem
PoppySTS is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2004, 09:01 PM   #312
PoppySTS
Founding Member

you hgave a nop prenis problem

]

***** uyou i'm hella drunk from ***** bee5r ***** youn ******e
Old 09-21-2004, 09:05 PM   #313
PoppySTS
Founding Member

Oh my god i am so drunk right now i had like 12 pints of german beer in Santa Cruz and man i am toasted i only had some calamari and hot wings to go with

Cali for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 06:43 AM   #314
epinkert
Founding Member

Default Re: blacklisted

I'll bet that someone at MO, somewhere along the line, pissed off some Honda VP (marketing, advertising, something). This person will keep shaking their head no whenever approached by MOfo's.

Was it the drunkenness incident? Was it the scooter incident? Does this VP think that these guys are a bunch of hacks that don't take things seriously enough? Who knows. I'll bet that as soon as this one person shaking their head leaves or is promoted, MO will start getting Hondas to test from the factory.

Now...what happens to the testers that MO buys after all is tested? MO is always welcome to leave the test bikes with me!
epinkert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:09 AM   #315
WeeBee
Registered Member

Kudos! To MO in general and Sean in particular. You all kick butt. I say screw Honda if they won't work with you, they only hurt themselves. I personally see nothing wrong with Kawi's 636-after all, it is aimed at STREET and the extra cc's give it an edge.

Ride on!
WeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:24 AM   #316
WeeBee
Registered Member

Default Re: MR. ALLCAPS ON 600'S

NEED a literbike to have fun on? I went from Fizzer1000 to R6 to nekkid SV650-never before felt a bike was part of my body like the SVee. Last Sunday rode with 2 friends thru (Jersey) mountain twisties, less than ideal conditions: 40 degree temps, light SNOW on the road shoulders. Svee had to be kept on the boil to stay with a 600 Kawi and 900some cc Honda Hawk but they couldn't run from me. Was definitely exciting (and I'm 61 yrs old).
Old 01-10-2006, 10:31 AM   #317
WeeBee
Registered Member

Default Re: Oh, then why the ZX6-RR?

What the f*** is "too much midrange for street use"?
Old 02-07-2006, 09:50 PM   #318
hankhoeveler
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 600 Shootout: Is 636cc Cheating? and some comments about Honda and MO

How disturbing to read how Honda has treated MO. I used to be a huge Honda fan but things have really been changing there in the last few years. Just as Yamaha has really seemed to be hitting it's stride in recent years, so has Honda seemed to be loosing it's way.

I've been thinking about an incident that occured during the race weekend at Laguna last year and maybe it will shead some light. As it turned out, I ended up staying at the same hotel in Monterey as all the HRC brass. We all saw each other in the complementary breakfast area each morning. The morning of the race I was quite excited about Hayden's pole position and prospects for the race. While my bagel was toasting, one of the HRC head guys (obvious by the amount of ass kissing by the othe HRC dudes) walks over to toast his bagel after me and I say... "wow, how about Nicky's performance? You guys think he's gonna show Rossi something today?" He looks at me like I'm from some other planet, makes a grunt and a snear and goes back to the table next to me where the ass kissing resumes. Now guess what the conversation was about on the eve of the first US GP in 12 years... the teams? the bikes? the riders? the race? Nooooo. The first and most important item was whether the chopper to take them from the track to the chartered Gulfstream in San Jose would be able to land close enough to their area so that they wouldn't have to deal with any crowds. The rest of the discussion was about future layoffs, dismissals, and organizational matters. Not one mention of the race. Purely and completely the quinticential bureaucratic functionaries with no other interest than their own selves. What does that tell you about their "passion" for the sport?

Meanwhile Yamaha had painted all their stuff different, just for this race, to honor Kenny Roberts. Had given out FREE water bottles, hats, T shirts, and posters all with 50th Aniv colors to everyone who wanted them. Had flown in Ago, Lawson, Rainey, and 10 other greats from the last 40 years to meet any and evry fan who wanted it.... Amazing.

What has happenned at Honda?? They never used to play the game like this. Now they won't even give eval bikes to anyone who doesn't sing their praises? Analogus to their behavior in MotoGP where if they can't win fairly, they'll try by all sorts of protests and wild accusations against their competitors. Trying to manipulate the media through intimidation is always a sign of weakness and it rarely has lasting effects - it usually results in a backlash. And you guys aren't alone, I've read in other publications' numerous between the lines remarks to the same effect, oh... it's probably not wise to *****-off Honda. Well, I'm proud of you guys for maintaining your integrity!

As to whether 636 is cheating in the 600 class - oh, hell yes. Come on, is it the 600 class or the 636 class or the (now) 675 class, or the 750 class or what? Where does it stop? Are we to compare say a 750 Gixxer against a 675 Daytona, or a 675 Daytona against a 600 Jap bike and say they are on a level playing field? Let's face it - the reason why Kawi and now Triumph have gone to larger displacements is because they can't make an engine that is competitive with Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda at the same displacement. If the R6 and the CBR were 636 or 675cc, then they'd kill the Kawi, etc. They do anyway! Three more ft/lbs of torque is made to seem like some huge deal by the reviewers, when in reality you'd hardly ever notice.

Honestly, I'm for all different displacements and really wish more manufacturers would offer a wider range of engine choices. Unfortunately for buyers of Race Replicas, the two classes that exist in racing are 600 and 1000ccs. So let's compare them all, it's interesting to see the actual differences, but remember in shoot-outs to compare apples to apples.

And hopefully the prospective buyer of that new Supersport bike doesn't need that extra 36cc to keep up with his friends on the 600s!
hankhoeveler is offline   Reply With Quote