Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2003 600 Shootout: Is 636cc Cheating? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1722-2003-600-shootout-636cc-cheating.html)

RAD_DUCK 03-26-2003 03:55 PM

Re: Enough Apologies

hey robby,,

rossi rides a RC211V; one honda that doesn't suck

Angthebikerdude 03-26-2003 07:26 PM

Re: 2003 600 Shootout: Is 636cc Cheating?

Congrats and good luck Sean! That's awsome, gotta love Kawasaki.

SilverBullet 03-27-2003 03:45 AM

:)

"meet me anywhere other than a freeway or a dragstrip, riding your ZX-6R, and I'll hand you your ass, from the saddle of a Buell Blast"

Getting ****y, aren't we Mr. Alexander?

SeanAlexander 03-27-2003 06:31 AM

Re: :)

Nah not ****y, but I have a pretty good idea of KPaul's total lack of high performance riding expierience. Thus, I suspect that if your grandmother was riding a Blast on a twisty road and she came accross KPaul on his ZX-6R, he'd still get his ass haded to him by grandma, when he braked early and soft for every corner and tiptoed around, until his bike was straight up and down again, then he accellerated at full throttle all the way up to a hair raising 10,500rpm, before short shifting to 2nd and coasting to within 300 yards of the next corner, where he would again brake early and light. Call it a hunch.

If it was any other way, he wouldn't say 1/2 of what he does. On the other hand, I'm sure his library is most impressive.

seruzawa 03-27-2003 06:35 AM

Re: Myths about 600s

Myth #5 KPaulKook has a functioning brain
[*]See all the above posts.

Kook, your head is so firmly impanted up uranus that one of those 600-4s you love so much could never pull it out. That light CBR600RRRRRR would just smoke its rear tire.

To get your head out would take something with a lot of torque and good weight for traction, like a nice heavy V-twin cruiser.

Though, in actuality, a D-9 Cat couldn't pull it free.

seruzawa 03-27-2003 06:57 AM

Re: 2003 600 Shootout: Is 636cc Cheating?

Aw c'mon. It's worth the twelve bucks just to get KPaulKook's flame wars and the Highwayman's senseless drivel.

Speaking of whom... where is our favorite Real American(tm)? Did his trailer blow a tire, leaving him stranded on his way home to wherever yuppie lawyers live?

captainwhoopass 03-27-2003 08:56 AM

Re: Still stupid I see

Wow, I am getting frustrated just watching this. Okay, here goes:

Longride's argument has zero to do with racing. His argument (longride, please correct me if I'm wrong here) is that a twin like the Buell would be a better STREETBIKE than the current crop of 600's because of its prodigious low-end torque. Trying to rebut that argument by comparing the race results of the Ducati 748 vs. 600's is irrelevant and ridiculous, because results on a racetrack have little or nothing to do with the street, and racetrack results are in fact the exact opposite of what we are arguing here. The 600's probably would be better on a racetrack than the Buell because the 600's are designed for the track and the Buell isn't. The appropriate venue for this argument would be a winding STREET road, like Deal's Gap or the roads found in Southern California, not a racetrack. They are two completely different settings, with completely different requirements, and would yield completely different results. The 600 would have its ass handed to it by the Buell on a winding road, but would win on a racetrack. Period.

KPaulCook 03-27-2003 12:29 PM

OK thats it.

A Blast eh! Hey I'll be at Laguna this year. You supply the Blast I'll supply my ass. Even if you smoked me it would still be fun. About the Buell thing I really would like to see a comparo with a 600. I think the target market are similiar or at least have some overlap.

But my main reason is personal my wife wants to get into bikes and she really likes the look of the Firebolt. I keep telling her that it's a dog (both in performance and reliability) compared to my bike. Instead of her getting her own bike she can have my ZX-6R and I'll get a new CBR600RR.

KPaulCook 03-27-2003 12:34 PM

What Cameron says about 600s

"All 600cc sportbikes perform about the same. They are all well designed and have good durability." See 600s

KPaulCook 03-27-2003 12:45 PM

P.S.

P.S. I am taking a Road Racing class in June. That with the Blast should make an adequate handicap.