Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2003 600 Shootout: Is 636cc Cheating? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1722-2003-600-shootout-636cc-cheating.html)

nokneedragin 03-25-2003 11:03 AM

Re: 2003 600 Shootout: Is 636cc Cheating?

Thank's I figured something like that but didn't see any confirmation in the article (probly missed it).

Congrats again.

micro 03-25-2003 12:01 PM

Oh i guess you cleared it up for us, They hated the extra power that the 37cc gave them, They sold so poorly they decided To do the same thing with their new bike 636cc. This bike you probably think wont sell either. Let me clear somthing up for you, just because a bike doesnt ace the race track portion of a road test doesnt mean people wont buy it on its other merits.Calling a kawasaki zx6r clunky ,who are you kidding really!

Haird 03-25-2003 12:47 PM

Re: Defending Honda and the CBR600RR

Butter up? or was that up 'er butt...

seruzawa 03-25-2003 01:07 PM

Re: Hey us inline guys will make you a V-Twins guys a deal

There's something wrong with our server.

rsheidler 03-25-2003 02:07 PM

One of the things I was surprised by in the RRW test was the comparison of claimed wet weight to measured wet weight -- the Honda was way heavier than claimed while the rest were really close (usually within a kilo or so). Sounds like Honda is trying to blow some smoke up our asses.

rsheidler 03-25-2003 02:23 PM

Triumph

Was pretty cool to see the Speed Four in the comparo ... I was actually surprised to see how well it did on the track, given its distinctly different focus.

It actually sounded like the one I would most actually enjoy. Kudos to Triumph for letting them test a bike which was clearly out of its natural environment.

BadCop 03-25-2003 02:24 PM

Jeez...245 posts and counting.

Except for a couple of posts, just about every post is "follow the herd" mentality. Maybe the reference to sheep in the first line of the header triggered a subliminal response to get in line behind the pied piper. You people are drinking too much French whine lately.

Sure, MO's beef with Honda may have merit but this sort of flame bait is just airing their dirty laundry. If MO is going to play the victim card, then I'd suggest they hire Johnny Cochrane and file suit against Honda and their deep pockets, win millions in punitive damages so they can spend it on buying all their test bikes in the future.

I don't have any vested interest in Honda or any others, but hell, if you we're king of the hill, you'd call the shots too. They have every right to dictate the terms, that's the way of the world, kids. Call it arrogance, business savvy, gravitas, whatever. Obviously, they're not king of the hill for no good reason. If that's not acceptable, then MO will just have to suck it up and get used to their pecking order in the grand scheme of things.

captainwhoopass 03-25-2003 02:55 PM

Re: Excellent Post makes me long for the good old days.

"Jumped the Shark"

That's a new one for me. What does this mean?

captainwhoopass 03-25-2003 02:58 PM

Please point out the part of my previous post where I 1. Referred to the '03 ZX-6R and 2. Said it wouldn't sell here in the USA.

I also never said the people hated the extra power. I said it didn't make enough difference to overcome the other shortcomings of the old bike.

tkarp 03-25-2003 03:00 PM

I couldn't agree more. Plus, if you guys take a look, the Honda is WINNING many of the other shootouts. According to Sport Rider's website, it is the the second quickest in the quarter mile (which by the way, their times are much faster than the MO riders can achieve), and fastest in all roll-on times. I don't blame them for reserving bikes for the "real" magazines.