Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-25-2003, 06:54 AM   #231
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 600 Shootout: Is 636cc Cheating?

"I said the europeans loved it"

No, they didn't. It came in last or second to last in almost every test I saw.

"and kawasaki sold a ton of them."

Again, no. It still couldn't touch the other bikes in this category. So, why are the other manufacturers chumps? For ignoring a clunky 600 that didn't sell?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2003, 07:07 AM   #232
seruzawa
The Toad

I wasn't attacking you.

I learned the true meaning of racism when I spent a few of years in the Orient while in the US Navy in 68-70. From Vietnam to Japan I dealt with cultures that were without exception convinced of their divinely inspired superiority to everyone else. A friend of mine was in Japan a few years ago and told me that you can still see the "no foreigners allowed" signs on various nightclubs.

The USA is the most racist nation in the world..... except for everyone else. We are constantly told we are racists... mainly by people who profit from making us believe that.

Are there race relations problems in the USA? Sure. But in my experience we are less so than just about everyone else.

The Japanese culture is probably amongst the worst for xenophobia and racism.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:15 AM   #233
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: And other thing

Well the Buell can easily beat you if the revs are below 8 grand. Since you say you "rarely if ever" rev a 600 on the street above 8 grand, the Buell would kick your azz in a heartbeat. Go look at a dyno chart. Since I stated that 9 grand and above is needed for any decent acceleration, I guess you proved again that you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to motorcycles. The ONLY advantage a 600 will have over a Buell is from 9 grand on up. Below that you lose. Now tell me why the 600 would beat a Buell, when the Buell is lighter and makes more power at mid renge revs?
Old 03-25-2003, 08:44 AM   #234
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Hey, fifty more posts and this discussion will make the top ten list!
Old 03-25-2003, 08:54 AM   #235
SilverBullet
Founding Member

Okay, point by point. I am not saying that both Kawasakis would end up at the top but that it WOULD look funky IF they did.

I have to say something not related to your post: how can someone say the CBR6RR is a PIG? Dry weight is listed at 370 lbs!!! Only 15 lbs heavier than the lightest here, about 10 than the second lightest and about the same as the Gixxer. Some people just like to exagerate I think.

And for the record: I don't have a bias for Kawasakis or Hondas... I'd have it for the Trumpet if anything (just because it is unique and the obvious underdog here).
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 10:26 AM   #236
SilverBullet
Founding Member

36 additional cc's (not much, really), more power and torque but same weight (or less) and same price. I don't see anything wrong with that and I agree that will sell a lot of them... specially if the bike looks less hideous in the metal than it does on the photos.

SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 10:40 AM   #237
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Silly Longride read this.

Once again I have to ask when is the last time you road a 600. When they only had 70 hp? I want to see a head to head competition. Is HD afraid????? I think the best response to your silly 9000 argument is Revs click here
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 10:41 AM   #238
KPaulCook
Banned

Default I am sure I can stir things up a bit

Old 03-25-2003, 10:47 AM   #239
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Time for the inline 4s to smack the twins around

We want to see a shootout Buell Firebolt vs the world. Come on MO settle this agrument once and for all. Longride says the Firebolt will smoke the MO inline-600 king in the twisties. I and others want to settle this once and for all. Put it up against the Ducati 748.

Until we have a face off the Buell is only a pretender. Don't tell me that the Buell is not directly competing with the 600s. If it is not the which bikes is it competing with? 750s 1000s. Don't say just aircooled V-Twins.

Time for the Buellers to put up or shut up.

Old 03-25-2003, 10:48 AM   #240
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

It's actually about 25 lbs. heavier (wet). 370 is damn light for a streetbike, and is more than enough for most folks, but unfortunately for Honda most 600 buyers aren't logical.