Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-24-2003, 08:31 AM   #151
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 600 Shootout: Is 636cc Cheating?

I have more than a sneaking suspicion that whatever's posted here will be seen by American Honda. Also Honda Europe, Honda Japan, Honda Yomama, etc...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2003, 08:59 AM   #152
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 600 Shootout: Is 636cc Cheating?

Honda's are the only Asian bikes that have left me on the side of the road, I've actually never been flat out stranded, to the point of having to call a pick-up on anything but a Honda, I realize you're being sarcastic, but for my money their PR and reality is about mile apart.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 09:24 AM   #153
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Hey us inline guys will make you a V-Twins guys a deal

If the Ducati loses weight then it must lose displacement. The end is near for V-Twins. Repent click here

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 09:27 AM   #154
KPaulCook
Banned

Default "There you go again" Ronald Reagan would say

You are getting predictabe with the name calling. You give up and start calling someone names when you start losing.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:31 AM   #155
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey us inline guys will make you a V-Twins guys a deal

I was simply suggesting that Ducati appears to make competitive power in the middleweight class. Perhaps if they focused on weight reduction the 749 might be at the top of these shootouts.

My guess is that on the street (you know, where you and I ride?) the Duc will be highly regarded.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 09:32 AM   #156
jsven007
Founding Member

Default Re: Sure ....

Oh common moderators, why you delete my posts. We all know what KPaulCook is...
jsven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 10:08 AM   #157
seruzawa
The Toad

Heh heh.

After all that lecturing you did to Sean, here you are getting sucked in yourself.

Physician, heal thyself.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:09 AM   #158
seruzawa
The Toad

Heh heh.

After all that lecturing you did to Sean, here you are getting sucked in yourself.

Physician, heal thyself.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:14 AM   #159
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Defending Honda and the CBR600RR

The basic question is why did Honda say no?

Burns first says it's some hard feelings over some irresponsible behavior by MO staffers. Then he says Honda was worried that the bike would have an unfavorable review i.e the bike is a dog.

Given that several web sites have given the CBR high marks (MCN of U.K. ranked the bike 1st and Italy's Motociclimso ranked it 2nd according to Sean Italian translation), I find the notion that Honda feared failure highly dubious.

In addition several sites have tested the bike individually or against the old F4i. Most if not all said the new bike, CBR600RR , was significantly better.

Lastly, it is not like Honda to run from competition. They take every experience good and bad as a learning thing.

I would suggest that MO clean up its act i.e. act professional. Show Honda that they can trust you with their equipment. Also if a staffer acts like an idiot at a Honda sponsored event they should be disciplined. No track time ... carry the clipboard... drive the truck...

Honda has an excellent corporate image I can see why they would not like reckless behavior at a Honda sponsored event.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:14 AM   #160
Buzglyd
Founding Member

That's it! I'm done. It was funny watching Sean get sucked into the web of lunacy. I stay on the periphery with just a comment inserted here and there.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote