Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-23-2003, 03:57 PM   #101
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 600 Shootout: Is 636cc Cheating?

I'm sorry, that's incorrect: "X" gets the square.

Legitimate, to my way of thinking, rests on reviews that come to a conclusion. I cancelled my subscription to Motorcyclist because they usually only came to a conclusion when they were comparing a group of bikes, in which one machine was brand new, making it so clearly dominant that MC couldn't get away with saying anything else. The best example I remember was when Yammy into'd the (then new) R6. It was a revolution, it spanked everything else at the time, and it was obvious enough that they couldn't really say otherwise and retain credibility. Most of the rest of the time, every bike was just great! thanks, and included a sparkling smile and a thumbs-up to go along with that stunningly informative sobriquet.

So Motorcyclist stopped being truly infomative when the mastered the method of "speaking much and saying little."

No, 'Legitamite' instead rests on actually having a "winner" (this is red-blooded competition; survival of the fittest) and declaring that winner, and having the balls to sign your name to the Declaration of Winning that you make.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2003, 04:03 PM   #102
ImprezaRS
Founding Member

Hell no... haven't you been giving the v twins 150 cc's for the past few years?
Old 03-23-2003, 04:14 PM   #103
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

What Honda meant was...

You can have a faith-based program if it's Shinto or Buddhist.

You can teach character if you also teach them to have superior attitudes and disdainful demanors.

You can influence them to make positive life changes if you also graft on slanty eyes and inplant sticks up their butts. (Oooohhhh, socially irresponsible comment alert...this is not a drill.)

Who would'a thunk it; for pissing-off Honda,MO is actually *gaining* street cred. This could almost be Harley rally.
Old 03-23-2003, 04:57 PM   #104
staff
Registered Member

Default Ah, how quickly we forget...

...for it wasn't that long ago that Motorcyclist blew a Honda embargo date (via an early printing) and Honda pulled all their testbikes.
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 05:02 PM   #105
gooseman_1
Founding Member

Yup. The exact same thing happens to me.

This same thing happened 3 months ago to myself and at least 12 others (who bothered to post). At that time, I notified MO and they couldn't find the problem. They thought it had something to do with too many pictures (lack of memory on my computer). That's definitely not it, because I've loaded other MO stories with far more pictures. This is the first time it's happened to me in a few months.

I don't know what to tell you, but I'm positive this is happening to other users, just like the last time. I know quite a bit about computers, but I can't imagine what could cause this.
gooseman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 05:10 PM   #106
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Maybe VTwins aren't so

That makes 3 of us
Old 03-23-2003, 05:25 PM   #107
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I'm gonna have to pass on the 50 lb weight reduction. I'd be 135 lbs and buying my clothes in the "Ethiopian" section.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 05:46 PM   #108
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Why mess with perfection Sean? Of course being 6' 2" and 212 pounds certainly hasn't helped my lap times. Knowing that you're so fast has blown my best excuse for losing races. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 06:02 PM   #109
staff
Registered Member

Default Re: GRRRRRRRR!

Dag gummit, what the heck's going on here?

Are both of you on IE5.x on Windows? What's the EXACT software configuration you're using. Please email it to (staff at motorcycle.com), and thanks for the heads up.
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 06:30 PM   #110
crazybike_37
Founding Member

That was me three years ago when I was a sophmore. You'd be surprised what you can find @ wal-mart