Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-23-2003, 12:36 PM   #91
Jimmm
Registered Member

Default Re: Bad Dunlop 208s? Yup.

Interesting, but why would they use them? What would be the reasoning. Cost? I am not sure but I know Dunlop has a Japanese subsidery, could that be the reason?

Jim
Jimmm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2003, 12:52 PM   #92
99R6
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 600 Shootout: Is 636cc Cheating?

First off, I would like to say thanks to MO for providing such a great motorcycle website and you guys deserve all the good things that will come your way.... all of your tests are ALWAYS the best in my mind and if anything isnt covered, we never hesitate to flame away and you guys always respond to anything important.... The hell with Honda, as far as I am concerned they can go to hell... A honda hasnt amazed me performance-wise or in the aesthetics department in quite some time and I enjoy readind Burnsies commentaries more anyway... i espescially enjoied the Ad Hominem story... To a job well done.... and write it like it is.... thanks guys.... I am the cheapest guy in the world and i dont even hesitate to pay my dues ....ever
99R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 01:29 PM   #93
grubz916
Registered Member

Default What's up with those dragstrip #'s

Sean, How'd you guys dragstrip these bikes?? MO's numbers are about 1 sec. & 10 mph less than other mags (referencing sportrider).

Tell the truth, did some of that "drunken unprofessionalism" result in these bikes' tanks being filled with diesel?

Speaking from experience
Old 03-23-2003, 01:34 PM   #94
99R6
Founding Member

Default Re: No more Honda coverage???? How awesome!

Dont let the screen door hit ya in the ass on the way out... say hi to Honda for me
99R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 01:36 PM   #95
Haru
Founding Member

dude,

the rules of that racing series call for 599cc. Do you race in that series? and regardless of that, why should every 600cc class STREET bike, meant for CONSUMERS have to conform to the racing rules? I just fail to understand this. WHY should 600cc class streetbikes be constrained by the rules of a racing series?

I'll tell you what. You limit yourself to whatever streetbikes the racing rules allow. the rest of us will go out and buy the best 600cc class bike out there, which ever that is.
Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 02:13 PM   #96
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: What's up with those dragstrip #'s

No mystery there grubz!

When you use two 200Lb+ riders who suck at dragracing to drag test 600cc bikes, you get lousy times. But the times are equally lousy, so for comparrison's sake, they are relivant. (ie same riders, same bikes, same dragstrip, same night) In no way should you take my dragstrip times as representative of what these bikes are actually capable of, I'm a roadracer, not a dragracer. (as I said in the article)
Old 03-23-2003, 02:21 PM   #97
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: What's up with those dragstrip #'s

P.S. Sport Rider used "Corrected" times from the dragstrip. LACR has a sizable correction factor, which also explains some of the difference. The MO numbers were raw data "Uncorrected" from LACR, showing exactly what each bike really did on the night in question.
Old 03-23-2003, 03:26 PM   #98
jsven007
Founding Member

Default Re: Sure ....

KPaulCook is g*y...
jsven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 03:34 PM   #99
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Re: Maybe VTwins aren't so

Well, $hit, brother, *I'D* be more competative with a fifty pound wieght reduction, too.
Old 03-23-2003, 03:46 PM   #100
Fugaziiv
Founding Member

props to kawasaki, adding the extra displacement for a street 600 was a long time coming, and i for one am glad that someone finally did it. its not really cheating, its just a company trying to stay a step ahead. besides, with a bike like this, it is all about who the company is MARKETING the bike to. if kawasaki is marketing the bike as a track bike, then yes, the displacement would be an unfair advantage, but they really are not, thats what the RR is for. this whole argument is moot, and shame on honda for, well just being plain stupid and earning bad press with a whole bunch of people who actually ride, and know people who ride and so on and such.
Fugaziiv is offline   Reply With Quote