Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-27-2003, 05:12 PM   #11
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: SpeedStar Drag Racing Feedback

Now we just need someone to offer up a kitted Dyna Superglide (103 kit) and let's see what they'll do!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2003, 05:14 PM   #12
johnnyb
Founding Member

My hat is sooooo off to THE HIGHWAYMAN...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 05:28 PM   #13
Orangetrak
Registered Member

Default Re: Roadcraft and Righteousness

Ask not what motorcycling in your country can do for you - ask what you can do for motorcycling in your country......By riding any brand you wish.

Sometimes his task is short and sweet....Like his prison sentence.

Other times his mission is long and perilous...Like his grade school career.

Then the next tour of duty could be to command a squad of heroes on a daring search and rescue against all odds....copying ( And dressing like ) Power Rangers is his favorite pastime.

He tenders the old fashioned currencies of vengeance, vendetta and vindication, and all sales are final...As he works out the terms of his probation with a Judge.

Here we have the spirit and temper that define the core truths of genuine American motorcycling....And uses that spirit as he peels off his "chaps" for his rendevous with Serge at the Motel 6.

the crush of heavy-duty muscle and the barely restrained fury of the screaminÂ’ eagle...The only scream louder is his as he rides the baloney-pony.

The real Harley experience: Pucka-ta-pucka-ta-pucka-ta...CLUNK ( 1st gear )......Puuuucka-ta-pucka-ta-pucka-ta..CLUNK ( 2nd gear ) , Etc.

Orangetrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 06:49 PM   #14
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

I'm not really feelin' the true Highway vibe on this one...maybe it's because since he last posted, I've sold out to buy a bike from Adolf's cousin. That's got to put me right there with the asian atrociteurs, right?

But the fundamental premise of this article is YAMAHA drag racing! Where was the "their filthy Jap bikes go down the strip sideways, just like their eyes" schpiel?

Gentlemen, I submit to you that *this* is an imposter!! (murmur, murmur, murmur)

I call on the true Highwayman to come down from his Fortress of Solitude and put a stop to this defamation of his name, and lift the oppression of the good people of Gotham.

In the end...there can be only one way of determining the veracity of this man's true identity. Bring out...

The COMFY CHAIR!!
Old 02-28-2003, 01:23 AM   #15
David_White
Founding Member

a great piece of writing, although there may be some readers too young to appreciate the homage to JFK.
David_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 02:10 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I can't believe they let you race these without arm chaps! Fringe may be optional, but the having the chaps on for the safety alone is worth it. Don't you guys read the specs on those things?
Old 02-28-2003, 02:35 AM   #17
SRMark
Founding Member

I'm glad you had the courage to write such an article. It has given me the backbone to attend the Cub Cadet Drag Days.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 03:57 AM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

That "short and sweet" job you're talking about, Trailerman, would be any of those microsecond rolls in the hay you provide for the slobbery easyrider "babes" you wallow with. That is, if you do like women... we're not so sure.

My uncle fought at Saipan with the USMC. After the war he rode only Triumphs and hated Harleys.

I guess he's not masculine enough for you, huh? You manly man you.

You really are a pathetic loser Trailerman.

Where is that DD214 Trailerman? We're still waiting.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:00 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

I believe the correct term would be "imposteur".
Old 02-28-2003, 04:04 AM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

Damm! Everything I read about the Warriors makes me like them more and more. Now, if they would only offer one without those ridiculous forward foot controls.

Maybe there's a market for kits that move the cruiser foot controls back to a reasonably sane position. Wouldn't that be irony?