Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-27-2003, 04:32 AM   #41
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki Z1000 Reader Feedback

Pic Caption:

KTM rider defiles fresh road paint - uses Burns as speed bump.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2003, 04:43 AM   #42
NoKneeDown
Founding Member

Hey, how dem brakes work?? Not that I really care, 'cause they aren't even radial-mounted. Sheesh. How am I supposed to stop effectively with, like, regular brakes?

Actually, kudos to Kawasaki for allowing their "pods to descend" and making a bike that stands out. If I had one I'd just take it to the supermarket and in five minutes I will have dropped it and scuffed the pipes thereby needing to replace them with some 4-into-2 bits.

Caption: "While Ashley was busy thinking of captions, I stole her helmet. "

NoKneeDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 04:50 AM   #43
Bolt-On
Founding Member

As a proud owner of a new Z1000 all I can say is "This bike Rocks!!" I'm a little cramped but I'm 6'3" with a 36" inseam. I can change the handlebars to suit my needs. My only complaint is the seat. It pushes you forward at slower speeds. It sucks!!

I like the pipes. I get nothing but compliments on how good the pipes look (maybe it's a Socal thing?).
Bolt-On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 04:59 AM   #44
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki Z1000: Looks great, hand me the stepladder

Our JB seems to fall into the short inseam catagory and he comments that the seat seems plenty low. Have you actually sat on one?
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 05:05 AM   #45
crazybike_37
Founding Member

First you razz the Fizzer1 for being too UJMish(which it is...) and then you say the new kwakisaki would look better with some plain jane round pipes?

First of all, you need to stop listening to "latte drinking suburban white boys". They wouldn't know dope if you blew it up their nose for 'em.

Secondly, I'm 18, I go to college in KC, and I ride quite possibly the best city bike in the world, a '01 SVS, on which I blew all the money I made last summer to buy.

Therefore you should listen to ME. Got it, MO?

Those pipes are one of the coolest styling features about the bike, and if I wasn't so broke, and if the Z1000 wasn't a Kwaker, it'd be my next bike.

The thing just looks bad-ass, and so, the next time you guys want to slam something as Pimp-acious as THAT bike with THOSE pipes, ASK me first, OK? Sheesh.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:07 AM   #46
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: pretty fly for a white guy...

I guess that some of these young guys can't grasp the concept that fast riding on a naked bike is actually possible. I can introduce them to a couple of guys who race Ducati Monsters who can show them otherwise!

rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 05:08 AM   #47
cyclesteve
Registered Member

Will Kawi be dropping the new 636 engine in one to compete with the SV650? I think one in green with a little fairing like the Suzuki SV650S would be a treat.
cyclesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 05:11 AM   #48
ssmiley
Founding Member

Default Luv' the ride of Steel!

Sorry, thought this was a bicyclist site!

I'm 100% with ya on the fake side covers. Hopefully theyÂ’re removable.

Boy if that frame isnÂ’t a dead ringer for the old GPZ900, I must be smoking something.

ssmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 05:12 AM   #49
crazybike_37
Founding Member

Actually, my next bike would probably be a crashed RC51 stripped of plastic, with MX bars, a skid plate on the tail, an ass dent in the tank, and extra long frame sliders. Ever thought of how great a stunt bike a RC51 would be if you street-fightered it out?

Wait a minnit, now I take THAT back. I'm thinkin' a (slightly) lowered CR450F with 17's and Metzy sportecs front and rear, with a minimum of lights and signals, just enough to make it street-legal.

Anybody agree these would be some crazy-fun bikes?
Old 02-27-2003, 05:15 AM   #50
Intersport
Founding Member

I've been told by a famous design professional that "good design should not look familiar" and so cutting edge design should make you a little uncomfortable. I think the Z1K will hold up to time, except maybe the red seat/black bike combo. I have an orange one, and so far I love it, but then I've been riding a naked GSXR750 with upright handlebars and two round headlights.
Intersport is offline   Reply With Quote