Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-05-2003, 02:11 PM   #151
ridinsince59
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki Z1000 Reader Feedback

"I like the pipes. I get nothing but compliments on how good the pipes look (maybe it's a Socal thing?)."

Congrats on your new gold Z1000. And remember, 50 years from now, when The Guggenhiem Museum hosts an updated version of their "Art of the Motorcycle" exhibit, a beautiful gold Z1000, just like yours, will be front & center in the display!

ridinsince59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2003, 02:21 PM   #152
ridinsince59
Founding Member

Amen! Just the facts, ma'm. We could do without all the extraneous geezer references-(and I'm a certified geezer!)

Maybe they're payin Johnny B on his wordcount?
ridinsince59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 04:36 PM   #153
morriscm
Registered Member

Wish I could give you a good answer to that. I've owned a lot of bikes, but never a touring oriented bike or street bike with a 6th gear overdrive (the zx6r had six speeds, but somehow I don't think this is what you're getting at?).

The ZRX cruises easily at 65 - and without a windshield/fairing I really don't like to sustain speeds over that. Obviously a 150mph+ bike can cruise at much higher speeds without hurting the bike - and I can verify its still smooth at 75 (never had the bike over 100. Guess I'm getting old. In my younger days I refused to own anything that I didn't personally discover its top speed)

I can say the zrx is vibration free at 65 mph and comfortable to ride. And without downshifting, it will blow the doors off of just about anything in a 65mpg roll on contest. At the speeds I ride - and I do like to haul through the corners when the conditions are right (no traffic - good visibility - good road conditions - suitable twisty road) - the bike handles great. None of that treacherous handling reported by folks like J. Burns who rides just a bit faster than I do.

I should add, I race off road senior B (haven't jumped to super senior yet) in enduros and hare scrambles and generally finish in the top half (overall - all classes/ages). So, I'm not a "fast" guy in most respects, but I'm not exactly slow either.

Don't know if this rambling helped any
Regards
Old 03-08-2003, 07:00 AM   #154
jthomas
Founding Member

Default Re: Shelley Fabares, not Ann Margaret

"My favorite thing about the internet is it makes fact-checking redundant."

LMFAO! =D
jthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 05:20 PM   #155
MOwings
Founding Member

Please put up some video of this bike. I'd love to hear what this bike sounds like.
MOwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 03:10 PM   #156
bobraines
Founding Member

I think the pipes look great! I have put about 350 miles on my Z1000 and I have had several people comment on how good the pipes look. The bike really stands out compared to the usual crotch rocket. Pictures don't do the bike justice. Elvis's music was bad his movies were worse get with times.
bobraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 08:27 AM   #157
chargerrt
Founding Member

I read all the articles on this bike...finally I can get a good looking Japanese naked bike in Canada. As for the pipes, there is no such thing as a stock exhaust on my bike, so I don't really care. In my view it looks like the bike came right off the set of Bladerunner. On a different subject, does anyone know how the Ann-Margret/ Elvis fetish started on this road test started, and does the lady in question have a restraining order?
chargerrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 08:34 AM   #158
chargerrt
Founding Member

Default Re: Good test...

Or Yamaha.
chargerrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 09:08 AM   #159
MRVW
Registered Member

Default Re: What's not to like? (and a question)

Check out GIVO. If they don't have a windshield for this model, they soon will. Excellent product; easy to install.
MRVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 05:46 PM   #160
yevrah
Founding Member

Rode a black one at the dealer today... Awwwsome.I think the pipes are way cooool. The Muzzy plant is about a mile from me in Bend Oregon and I'm going there tomorrow as they are working on an orange one. They are developing pipes for the bike so I'll see the bike and get the latest scoop from Doug Meyer.
yevrah is offline   Reply With Quote