Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-27-2003, 10:56 AM   #91
Greybeard
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki Z1000 Reader Feedback

4 gold pipes...isn't that part of that Christmas song?

Hell, why not.

But I bet reverse-cone megs would look even better.

And let's hear from the SV1000 first.
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2003, 12:16 PM   #92
kman45
Founding Member

Ditto for me, I'm 6'1" with 34" inseam and find it perfectly comfortable. Agree about the seat, to flat and sloped forward. Corbin get your damn act together and punt one out quickly please.

And as I stated earlier, I've got nothing but compliments about the pipes too, and from people having about no interest in bikes too.

kman
kman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 01:45 PM   #93
bowtydaddy
Registered Member

After studying the naked (sans bodywork) pic, I say change the red side cover to black, loose the passenger pegs/brackets and fab an under seat exhaust.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:47 PM   #94
KPaulCook
Banned

Default KPaul says

[*]Longride said "Nice power, too small, weird colors, bad looking pipes. Good price in the naked arena and should sell a few. "
[*]KPaul says "Nice power, right size, cool colors, great pipes. Excellent Price/Performance Ratio and it's not a obsolete V-Twin"

I love Ann Margret Great Review Nice pictures. love it. Didn't renew my subscription to Motorcyclist cause of MO. Keep up the good work!

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 01:53 PM   #95
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: pretty fly for a white guy...

First, I would opine that 160 mph shouldn't be comfortable, with or without a fairing.

My buddy's Monster is set up almost identically to my 900 (now 984) SS. Probably neither will quite hit 160, but geared for a fast track such as Willow, they probably get close. Anyway, I would be hard pressed to say that there is any significant difference in rider comfort at top speed, and damned little difference in top speed -- I doubt that it is more than 2-3 mph. Another friend with a similarly modified Monster added a full fairing (from Aprilia 250) and noticed no improvement in lap times.

The high bars on the Z, or on the stock Monster WOULD be an issue at top speed, as it is hard to get in a good racing crouch with the bars above your ears! But I have put lower bars on every bike I have ever owned.

For fast street riding, I cannot imaging hitting speeds where a fairing makes any difference at all. They make practical sense for sport-touring riding, and maybe for racing, but for sport riding, they are, in my opinion, little more than a fashion statement.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 02:05 PM   #96
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: KPaul says

But where are the pictures of Ann-Margret?
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 04:01 PM   #97
allbikesbiker
Registered Member

I never rode the 916, but from what people say, the 51 is easier on the body. .... well, when you get set up on it and ride it.. Join motorush.com ... the RC51 forum. a great place to exchange ideas and get together with other 'riders' of '51's. I'm "Frank02rc51" on the forum. when you pick a screen name shoot me an email so I can welcome you.
allbikesbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 04:42 PM   #98
MoeMoe
Founding Member

i like the pipes also. It is nice to see something different come down the pipe. I am kinda sick of the big ass can hanging off the right side all of the time.
MoeMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 04:46 PM   #99
GaryS
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki Z1000: Looks great, hand me the stepladder

Everytime a read feedback, for any bike, I see this whining about seat height!!! Either buy some elevator shoes or ride a Honda Rebel.

Shut up you short crybabies!!
GaryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 04:58 PM   #100
v4bryan
Registered Member

Default The last bastion of hip?

...You go to college in Kansas City and that makes you more "def" than the guys who live in LA and ride bikes for a living?

BWA-HA-HA-HA-ha-ha-ha

Phew, I needed that. Thanks.
v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote