Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-26-2003, 11:40 AM   #21
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Parks DeerSport Gloves Feedback

Wait a minute! don't you know loud pipes save lives!! Seriously, quiet pipes are the way to go, nothing's more annoying than 150dba pipes taking off from a stop next to your ear.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2003, 12:04 PM   #22
RedRocket800
Founding Member

Me too! I'd go $ 50. I have a pair, and like them. The only problem I have is that they have stretched alot.
RedRocket800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 01:00 PM   #23
pushrod
Founding Member

Try putting some rubbing alcohol on them (or at least the thumbs) while you have them on. They will stretch like they do when wet, but the alcohol evaporates much faster.

Old trick for stretching cowboy boots.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 01:03 PM   #24
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Lee Parks

Hey, some people don't want to move past the 1940's.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:57 PM   #25
chuckdyer
Founding Member

I have seen the ad for these gloves and this article in MO is almost exactly the same words. This is not a review! I think that MO should spend a little more time earning our subscription dollars writting original reviews that provide useful information.

I subscribe to Motorcycle Consumer News and they manage to write original articles that have a real world slant.
2000 KTM 200 EXC
<hr></hr>
RideSafer Motorcycle Safety Products
http://www.ridesafer.com
chuckdyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 03:50 PM   #26
Sam_Freed
Registered Member

Default Um, they're gloves Dude . . .

. . . were you expecting a Dyno test or something? Exactly what "useful information" are you talking about? The piece pretty much told me what I needed to know. Not that I'm currently in the glove market, but they seem like a good pair. Frankly, the reader feedback has been far more useful in evaluating the comments of those who have actually owned them, and you ain't gonna find that in your pitiful, too cheap for color, $41 per year rip off, Motorcycle Consumer News!
Sam_Freed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 05:22 PM   #27
dave_arkle
Founding Member

FWIW, I am 99% certain that Lee Parks doesn't manufacture these, and they aren't anything new by any stretch...he's doesn't "make a really nice pair of gloves," he just resells them. On the off-chance that he does, they are a ripoff of a design that dates back to 1985.

I bought a pair of deerskin gloves from my local custom leather shop in 1985 (Tunstal Leather in Northampton, MA) and they looked _exactly_ like these and the description fits to a T.

They were very comfy and abrasion resistant (don't ask how I know) but before ordering any, look around a little...I bet you can find them lots of places.

On a personal note, I met Lee at a race many years ago in CA during his very short stint at Motorcyclist...he was an arrogant prick and made me want to punch him in the face. I don't remember why now, but he has a permanent place in my 'people who are asses' mental notebook.

Shortly thereafter he was canned by Motorcyclist...I used to know why but I forget that now too. It revolved around him being an ass if I remember correctly.

Of course, this was all a long time ago...maybe he's a great guy now.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:39 PM   #28
nustar1
Registered Member

Default Re: Um, they're gloves Dude . . .

Sure they are gloves but if you are going to review something then review it. If you go to the website you will see that the article and the web add are very very similar. It made me feel like they just did a cut and paste.

Here would be some criteria for glove testind.

Waterproof?

Durability i.e. stitching ?

Color bleeding when wet?

Warmth?

Drying time?

Shrinkage?

The web site says that repairs are available for damaged merchandise. It would be a good idea to simulate some damage and send it back to them for repair. See what that shows.

Other reviews test the product for a while (Usually a season at least). To me it looks like the writer only used them for a few weeks if that.

I don' think that this article needs to be groundbreaking but I believe it crossed the line between journalism and advertising.

nustar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 07:18 PM   #29
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Mine will be quiet too

I'm debating right now between the H-D performance touring mufflers and the Screamin' Eagle touring mufflers.

I believe the S.E. mufflers are a bit louder than stock but offer better performance should I upgrade the displacement in the future. If I could find out if the quiet touring mufflers offered similar or the same performance I'd buy those instead.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 07:20 PM   #30
Buzglyd
Founding Member

It was just the O-ring in the speedometer sensor. I did 350 miles last Saturday and she was totally dry.

My Ducati had an angry look on its face when I returned home and the Harley was covered in bugs. Envy perhaps?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote