Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-06-2003, 11:31 AM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: EasyRider Show Feedback

I found a picture of our favorite cookiecutteur right here:

http://www.fisher-price.com/us/power...&pg=1&id=17507

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2003, 11:34 AM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Ride? (gasp) RIDE??

WHY THAT'S DANGEROUS! I MIGHT GET HURT!

Well, at least you can classify this sort of stuff as art. At least, it's more art than a crucifix in a jar of urine. If THAT'S art then why not this?
Old 02-06-2003, 11:43 AM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

It could be a lot worse. I went to an art exhibit at a University where the Seniors were exhibiting their final projects. It was called "Kinetic Art". I swear it was nothing but mobiles and wallhangings of junk like you would find in the back of Grandpa's basement, cobbled together, lighted and motorized. I chuckled thinking that yet another class of clueless idiots had wasted an entire 4 years in college for nothing. I mean, there wasn't even a draft to avoid.

Compared to that these custom choppers ARE fine art. And at least none of your tax dollars and no parents tuition was extorted in the making of these bikes.

Well, probably not. Maybe one of these clowns got an NEA grant.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:45 AM   #24
Buzglyd
Founding Member

OMG KP and I may agree! I've been to several of these types of bike shows. The craftsmanship is awesome even if the color choices and themes can be a bit, well, I guess the velvet elvis painting was appropriate.

Personally, I like the bare-bones old school type choppers on display. I have a friend who builds wonderful examples of these without the naked lady paintjobs. He also worked on the upcoming Vincent/RC51. He's got an artistic touch without overdoing it.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 11:54 AM   #25
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Excuse my typo. I meant ridiculous. BTW seruzawa, I couldn't help but notice that you continue to poke sarcasm in the direction of our great cleptocracy. There may be hope for you yet. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 11:58 AM   #26
DialedIN
Founding Member

so if you work on them all the time your a enthusiest, if you ride them all the time your a junky? or do I have that backwards?

Oh well, time to ride!
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 12:34 PM   #27
seruzawa
The Toad

My cynicism reached a low point while visiting Southeast Asia at taxpayer expense many many moons ago. And it's mostly gone downhill since.

Was it showing?

Darn I'm sick of this 18 degree weather and icepacked roads! I gotta get back on two wheels before my attitude gets even worse.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:38 PM   #28
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Gee, if you thought I was nice I'd get worried. From someone that uses enemas for mouthwash and suppositories for breath mints, that's a compliment. I don't take pictures of "my work". I just do it because I like it. I'm rebuilding a 76 Superglide right as we speak. What are you building besides a better set of hemorrhoids?
Old 02-06-2003, 12:39 PM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Nobody included my name, a$$hole. I asked HIM a question, not you. Maybe you are too stupid to know who I was speaking to.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:44 PM   #30
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Astonishing

What's truly crazy is that some (most) of those things have as much or more money in the engines as in the externals.

But look at the lines of some of them; squint a bit and ignore the "art" painting. They're abstractions of what they really are. Anyway, art is what the artist says it is. It's up to the rest of us to agree or disagree, look or go away. Or make our own art...
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote