Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-05-2003, 03:42 PM   #11
crashedupderby
Founding Member

Default Re: First Bike

you should ditch the fzr and get a hayahbuseda, or a ninga12-r. how about a boss hoss.???? I gonna build a killer ride, im gonna put a big block chevy in a vespa scooter. i will send aome pics of burn outs and wheelies when i get it done......you wanna buy it when its finnished.it'll cost at least 20 large, but remember, 20 thousand dollars and 20 miles doesnt make you a biker.
crashedupderby is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2003, 04:06 PM   #12
akcarlson
Founding Member

Honda Hawk GT! Cheap, cult following, reliable, readily upgradable, light(ish), decent power, no plastic bodywork to break when you dump it... The list goes on.

I commute on a Hawk in downtown Chicago when it's above freezing (so, May through September), and it's a great city bike.
akcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 04:10 PM   #13
TheFox
Founding Member

I have full coverage on a 2002 FZ-1 for about 240 a year, also through state farm, and I'm 23 with a clean record. Progressive quoted me $3000....and they didn't laugh when I asked them if their quote was in Canadian.

--The Fox, TMinus 5 days

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 04:56 PM   #14
LoxedWarrior
Founding Member

Thanks for the advice everyone, I guess a 600 or 500 is better suited for my riding experience. The reason I thought about the FZR 1000 is because I rode it last summer and felt comfortable on it. I also rode a ninja 600 but I didn't get a good feel for it. It wasn't as comfortable as the FZR but I will try it again. By the way, I'm thirty and I'm not trying to pull off any stunts or race, I was just introduce to motorcycling and I really enjoy it and want to put in some riding time. With out spending a lot of money. Thanks again.

When I said I rode it last summer I had it for about a two months and rode in Chicago traffic.

LoxedWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 06:06 PM   #15
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

don't listen to these old fuddy-duddies get a GSXR1000 live the dream
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 06:07 PM   #16
MrCrashHappy
Founding Member

Default You're not a nut.

I started riding at thirteen. Rode nothing but standards for fifteen years, and then the first kid arrived. Was on hiatus until 1997 when the youngest started high school. First bike when I reentered the sport was a GPz1100. Took about a year to be completely comfortable with it. Too heavy to get out of its own way and paid the price for it. Moral: You can do it if you have patience and take the time to grow into the bike, but something lighter and friendlier is better. Your call. Best wishes.
MrCrashHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 06:55 PM   #17
Gabe
Registered Member

Default ADVICE FROM MR. ALLCAPS

DUDE YOU TOTALLY HAVE TO GET THE FASTEST BIKE YOU CAN BECAUSE OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE TOTALLY BORED WITH IT AND YOU WILL HAVE TO GIVE UP RIDING BECAUSE IT WILL BE SO BORING BECAUSE IT WILL TAKE SO LONG TO GET EVERYWHERE AT ONLY 140 OR 130 MPH.

DON'T LISTEN TO THESE F@GS AND PUSSIES WITH 600'S AND SV 650'S THEY ARE JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE THEY CAN'T AFFORD TO BUY THE FASTEST BIKES OR THEIR MOMS CAN'T COSIGN FOR THEM LIKE MINE DID. SHE HELPED ME FINANCE MY GSXR1000 AND THEN TOLD ME TO SIGN SOME PIECE OF PAPER MAKING HER MY "BENEFICIARY" ON SOME INSURANCE POLICY OR SOMETHING. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS, BUT THE 11 DAYS I RODE AROUND ON MY BIKE LAST SUMMER BEFORE I CRASHED AND THEN THEY PUT MY BRAIN INTO THIS TANK IN THE MAYO CLINIC WERE REALLY FUN.

I JUST HOPE THEY DON'T LET MY MOM INTO THE ROOM WHERE THEY KEEP MY TANK BECAUSE I'M AFRAID SHE'LL TIP IT OVER OR SOMETHING OR MAYBE SPILL DRANO INTO THE TANK LIKE SHE DID LAST CHRISTMAS.

LAST WEEK SOME GUY PUT A BUNCH OF GOLDFISH IN THERE AS A JOKE AND THEY STARTED NIBBLING ON ME AND IT WAS AN HOUR BEFORE THEY TOOK THEM OUT BUT NOW I CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED BETWEEN JULY 13, 1998 AND MAY 22, 1999.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 07:28 PM   #18
arizonagerg
Founding Member

Default Re: ADVICE FROM MR. ALLCAPS

LOL!

Everyone has been right. Listen to guys that have been riding awhile. We know!!!! Get a used comfy small displacement bike. In a year, you will know what you want, or even if you want to continue motorcycling. If you are new to riding, you will most likely love whatever you get. And you will be able to sell the bike for close to what you paid for it when you decide to upgrade.
arizonagerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 09:41 PM   #19
Betamax
Founding Member

Default response from mr. lowercase

lol

gabe, that's the funniest f***ing post i've read in a long time. nice work!
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 09:57 PM   #20
Betamax
Founding Member

I'm sure you're a responsible rider, and you could probably handle it, but it's those unforeseen incidents in which you react by reflex that the extra power can really get a newer rider into trouble.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote