Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-03-2003, 04:45 PM   #1
vcs700s
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 SV 1000S First Ride!

I can't believe it! First post!! That hasn't happened in quite awhile.

The SV 1000S sounds great. I know it is much anticipated and will sell like hot cakes. I can't wait to sit on one at the local dealer. Any idea when it will hit the showrooms?
vcs700s is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2003, 05:30 PM   #2
RonXX
Founding Member

I know of a few dealers that are expecting them in March/April. According to a recent MO news story, the naked model is delayed until summer because of problems with the headlight supplier.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 05:51 PM   #3
DJS
Founding Member

Default Good report!

First off, only rode the faired model? Is it just me or is it a little odd to have separate press intros for the faired and unfaired models? Did they have any unfaired models for comparison to compare the comfort / wind with?

Did they have any claimed HP numbers? I have yet to see Suzuki claim any numbers yet. HP really doesn't matter, its the torque I'm wanting.

What about gas mileage? Did you get any impression for range on a tank?

I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to have a job like this. Where do you sign up to fly to exotic locations and flog other peoples new motorcycles?

And last but not least, MOfridites? That has some scary connotations.

David

DJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 06:40 PM   #4
KPaulCook
Banned

Default No smack here Excellent Report

Love the pictures and great writing. For all my talk about obsolete V-Twins, I must confess I have a fondness for the SVs both 650 and 1000. This report was a beam of sunshine in midst of dreary Seattle day. Good work Sean.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 06:40 PM   #5
chriss_1
Founding Member

Great write up. Definately sounds like a fun ride.
chriss_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 08:03 PM   #6
El_Flaco
Founding Member

Ah, you're a bastard. I mean that in the best way, but Southern Spain is one of my all-time favorite places. Drivers that won't call the cops on you for riding a fast motorcycle, sunny, good food, cheap (and good) wine, then throw a new SV1000 in the mix... sounds pretty blissful to me!
Old 02-03-2003, 08:27 PM   #7
dwr461
Founding Member

Ok I'm now envious. While I have been working and studying you, Sean, have been off in Spain riding. On top of that you were also riding an ass, or was it a mule? I can never tell. Which leads me to the obvious question after reading about your trip to Spain, what was the donkey's name? Seriously, though it was a much improved article, particularly when compared to that Diablo ad copy. Keep up the good work and maybe the motorcycle companies will allow more MOron's (journalists) to actually ride review a bike. Rather then read the spec's page and give educated opinions.

Take care,

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 08:43 PM   #8
JohnGeisz
Founding Member

Thanks for the write-up Sean.

Will the torque-happy among us be satisfied with the torque-happiness of the motor? How does the power feel compared to a Ducati Monster, Aprilia Falco, or even a naked four (ZRX, FZ1, etc)?
JohnGeisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 08:48 PM   #9
stormcloud
Founding Member

Its Suzuki's version of a VTR1000F - doubt it's any better though, but that would stil make it a great bike!
stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:07 PM   #10
Betamax
Founding Member

Wow, sounds like a great ride. Thanks to Sean for the write-up...it's articles like yours that justify my subscription here.

I don't think I've ever been as excited to read a ride report as this one...I sat on an SVS1000 at the Vancouver motorcycle show and fell in love...and the blue color looks amazing in person; pics at suzuki.com don't do it justice.

I'm planning to buy one of these beautiful bikes in 2004 (once my car is paid off) so I'm glad to know that the bike handles well and is a comfortable ride (except for the seat? I can live with that...)

Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote