Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-05-2003, 05:57 AM   #51
DialedIN
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey Sean

Oh yeah and great vidios!
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2003, 09:12 AM   #52
cosmo6244
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 SV 1000S First Ride!

Great job getting the scoop on the SV1K Sean! I'm puttting Spain on my list of "mustgo's" now. You've whet my appetite to see this beastie in person, but now I'm conflicted between sport-twin touring and 600 spinning for my next ride. Choices, choices. . . Blonde, brunette, redhead. . .who can choose? It's like puberty all over again for the '03 model year. Now which should we saddle first?
cosmo6244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 09:54 AM   #53
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I owned a TL1000 with Yosh bolt ons. Awesome sound. When it came up on the pipe(7000 rpm) it really spoke up. Other times just that mellow twin sound.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:06 AM   #54
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

I don't know about you, but if I can saddle her, I really don't want to ride her.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:13 PM   #55
Duken4evr
Founding Member

I have a '97 TLS with Yosh slip ons also. The new SV looks very appealing. Sounds like it will have similar power to our beloved "S" bikes, which we know firsthand is quite stout!

Glad to see Suzuki finally did it. My only regret is that they did not go with inverted forks.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 03:11 PM   #56
stellablue
Founding Member

Default The real question in my mind is ...

BTW - Great writing and great photos.

It seems that no one is asking the obvious question. Is it better than a VFR?

It seems to be pointed right at the 98-2001 VFR. It looks very similar and seems to have about the same style of seating/comfort, older but good brakes, softer suspension (except for the 46mm forks. VFR only ever had 42mm I believe) and a full set of ****pit information.

Thinking of purchasing a 98-01 VFR (or even an 02)... is the SV1000 better? just as good for $1500 less? off the mark?
stellablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 04:58 PM   #57
shinnix
Founding Member

Default New subscriber

Like many, I'm sure, this article made me finally break down and subscribe. I've wanted a Speed Triple for a long time now, but the SV1000s looks like a tempting alternative. Seems like these bikes are attracting older riders... I'm 26, but I think I'd rather have one of these than the latest 600 or liter bike. I dunno, just wanna be different from the legions of sportbike riders I see on the weekend, each and every one on an R6/CBR/R1/GSXR... you get the picture. Anyway, these are the best pics of the SV1000 you can find right now. Bravo
shinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 05:02 PM   #58
DurangoKid
Founding Member

Default Great Article

No apology necessary for this reading more like a trip report than a bike review. Motorcycling is more about the experience than the bike that you are riding, IMHO.

If I didn't already own an Aprilia Falco I could see owning one. They look great. I listened to the engine reving. Anyone that buys one of these will have to add an aftermarket pipe to release the sound of the vtwin.

Great article, looking forward to more.
DurangoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 05:07 PM   #59
bluedot
Founding Member

I owned a 99 TLR ... to this day, it has been my all time favorite motor (too bad the chassis suxed so bad) and with the race Yoshi's sounded as good as any Duc or RC (IMO).

Has anyone heard if there will be an "R" model of the SV to replace the TL-R ?

I'm glad to see Suzi hasn't given up on that powerplant, for all the bad press the TL's got (most of it justified) I'm sure glad they stuck with it ....
bluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 06:22 PM   #60
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey Hey Easy There on the Falco

I ride a TL1000S and while I love my bike, I kinda lust for the Falco. Wanna trade?

Falcos are cool bikes and I am a restless soul
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote