Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-04-2003, 02:16 AM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: 2003 SV 1000S First Ride!

Excellent ride report Sean. Also, first news on this cool new twin found anywhere. Looks like Suzuki got the TL1000 right the second time around. Even the TL was one heck of a fun bike, with a few flaws thrown in for "character". Good job MO!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2003, 03:33 AM   #22
Jason523
Founding Member

I really don't even like twins. But after reading this article and seeing the bike run, I feel like I would really enjoy relaxing abit on a long bike ride rather than doing a hand stand on the front axle with a race rep.

I liked that walk around video of the bike running. That thing would sound sweet with some nice carbon pipes. A cheap price too!

The review was well done. But I'm curious if you would have had more fun on the same roads with the 03 zx6r????
Jason523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 05:20 AM   #23
rsheidler
Founding Member

Eye of the beholder, and all that. Personally, I very much like the styling, although the Falco looks even better.

Cheers

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 05:22 AM   #24
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: No smack here Excellent Report

Perhaps the new-found popularity of naked hooligan bikes will save our beloved V-Twin? Buyers in this category most likely aren't as interested in HP and track times rather they just want to do wheelies, lots of them.

Just imagine an upcoming comparison test of:

SV1000

Aprilia Tuono

Kawi Z1000 (gotta let a 4 cylinder in)

Ducati Monster S4

Maybe it will even inspire a naked racing support class at the AMA events.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 05:38 AM   #25
tumbler
Founding Member

Great article. I was wondering how comfortable this bike is compared to full faired sport bikes? Sore wrists kind of ruin a ride down the coast for me, but sv650 looks to be right up my alley.

P.S. I sat on an '02 zx-6r and despite what all of the motojournalist say I found it to be little uncomfortable.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 05:59 AM   #26
DialedIN
Founding Member

Default Re: Good report!

You would think Suzuki could have used the headlight off the naked Bandit for a pre production bike for this press release. Then again, cruising at 150 for extented time would have been out of the question for a unfaired bike.
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 06:18 AM   #27
intruderman
Founding Member

Ditto for me. I owned an SVS650 for a year and loved every minute of it, except for droning on the interstate, but Sean talks about that in his review of the 1000. Anyway, Kudos to Suzuki for another great motorcycle.
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 06:38 AM   #28
ekimtoor
Founding Member

I had convinced myself that it was not worth it to re-subscribe.

Then you had to go and post this SV1000 ride.

Maybe you should think about pay-per-read, I just paid $11.94 to read this story!
ekimtoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 07:09 AM   #29
Ken_Packard
Founding Member

Default Great article, but this SUCKS!

Oh man. As a content owner of an SV 650, but perpetually craving more powah, l was immediately on the phone with a dealer talking price for this very bike when the news was released in the fall that it would be coming to the US.

Then, after brainwashing the wife that kicking my Camel lights habit could put this very model in our garage without any life-altering financial havoc (that she would know about, at least!), the EPT test showed two lines.

My blood then resumed normal bodily distribution and my "enthusiasm" for the SV 1K was forced to join the rest of the "dream fleet" deep in the fantasy recesses of my mind.

Well, for the past few months, I've been content to live with the virtues of being a one-bike motorcyclist. There hasn't been too much out there in terms of the SV 1K, so out of sight, out of mind.

Now, I have this article, complete with videos of Sean railing on the bike exactly as I have in my mind. Is this purgatory, and what did I do to get here?

Life...is...getting..very...complicated.

I can't bring myself to off the 650. As a '99, it is not worth spit, not to mention the dough dumped into accessories. The soap can just stay on the shower floor, because I'm not bending over to pick it up as far as that's concerned.

Seeking spiritual guidance in an effort to get this horned gremlin off my back!
Ken_Packard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 07:20 AM   #30
KPaulCook
Banned

"Buyers in this category most likely aren't as interested in HP and track times rather they just want to do wheelies, lots of them. " good point.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote