Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-03-2003, 09:14 AM   #1
F451
Founding Member

Default Re: BikerBoyz Interviews

What a bloody waste! Why on earth would anyone wish to keep promoting the self-promoting film entertainment machine? Hidden under the guise that America will put forth hard-earned money for "anything" comes this movie which has nothing to do about motorcycling, but everything to do about a film company bent upon believing that the general populace is ignorant. What an insult to American society in general. I am a recent MO subscriber, but type of rubbish makes me seriously question my subscription.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2003, 09:22 AM   #2
john
Founding Member

its embarassing, really.
Old 02-03-2003, 09:29 AM   #3
dnakase
Founding Member

OK, take a deep breath and repeat:

IT'S ONLY A MOVIE
dnakase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:41 AM   #4
pbx
Founding Member

Default But do they know?

I get the sense that Fishburne knows this movie kinda blows -- he avoids saying "It's a great movie" or anything close to that. When he was on the Daily Show the other night, they spent about twenty seconds talking about Biker Boyz, and then it was on to the Matrix sequels (which he seemed really excited about).

pbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:41 AM   #5
F451
Founding Member

Indeed it is only a movie, but the media, in general, is too persuasive these days...the junk food of American minds.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:45 AM   #6
gooseman_1
Founding Member

Um, did you read the news article you're responding to? MO feels the same way you do about this movie. Here is a piece of what they said:

"...the Biker Boyz movie fulfilled all of our worst fears about Speilberg's schlock factory turning out a ham-fisted, technically inaccurate, mis-represent ation of urban motorcycle racing as those who know it, know it."

Also, read their original review here: http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcfeatu...yz/index.motml

I realize you're new, and criticism is welcomed, but at least read the news you're responding to, otherwise you just look silly.

That said, I sincerely welcome you to MO!
gooseman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:53 AM   #7
Paul_Grimmett
Founding Member

Default Re: BikerBoyZ InterviewZ

I'm sure Fishburne had the "You're paying me in cash, right?" look going throughout this flick.

BTW, at what point officially will the "Z" replace the "s" for pluralization. Will it then get a keyboard placement promotion (no more hanging out with X and V?)
Paul_Grimmett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:00 AM   #8
gooseman_1
Founding Member

Default Re: But do they know?

Actually, on an interview on The TV Guide Channel he said:

"I've never predicted weather a movie is going to be successful or not, but this movie is 'the sh!t'. Excuse me, I mean, it's the bomb."

No, I think he had it right the first time, it is sh!t. He then goes on to say that this anaccurate portayal of street racing. I know he actually rides, so that makes his comments even worse.

He had this to say of the stunts shown in the movie: 'don't try this at home'. He should have just said 'stay home'.

Well, on the bright side, I think we've just discovered a new 'interogation technigue' we can use on terrorists!
gooseman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:04 AM   #9
racehawk
Founding Member

Default Re: BikerBoyZ InterviewZ

the "You're paying me in cash, right?" look

Hah! A Sportsguy Fan!!! (i thought Kid Rock had that look through the whole movie)

Oh, yeah. The movie sucked big time. We played MST3000 and made fun of it the whole time. Made it much more bearable.
racehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:08 AM   #10
obandoj
Founding Member

The wild one was only a movie!!!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote