Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-03-2003, 01:37 PM   #21
Sam_Freed
Registered Member

Default Here's the deal . . .

. . . read what you want, don't read what you don't care about. Participate in the community, or don't. Download the JPEGS and MPEGS or miss out on a ton of cool stuff available NOWHERE ELSE. Keep in mind that your print mag comes out once a month. What exactly are they doing to keep you entertained the other 30 days? Me, I think this site is the greatest thing since sliced bread. More would be nicer, but for $1 a month I'd gladly pay just for the video clips.
Sam_Freed is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2003, 02:05 PM   #22
DangerStu
Founding Member

Default Re: BikerBoyZ InterviewZ

Sense at last
DangerStu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 02:17 PM   #23
KPaulCook
Banned

Good post tumbler Great attitude. I will do the same.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 03:16 PM   #24
staff
Registered Member

Yeah, the button text change is global so we couldn't just do it for this article. But it seemed fitting for here since everyone's hating that we're even printing anything about it.
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 03:26 PM   #25
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Re: BikerBoyz Interviews

Then move back to Walden Pond, Henry. Look, I'm with you that the movie was crap, but MO is doing a lot of work and I am sick of crybabies saying, "Wah I want my subscription money back!"

This place is better than Cycle World, and it's WAY better than Sport Rider. They suck, not MO.

--The Fox, TMinus 7 days

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 03:55 PM   #26
detansinn
Founding Member

I found the Orlando Jones interview especially interesting as it sounds like he actually rides motorcycles.

I don't understand why folks feel the need to flame the movie. It's clearly a braindead popcorn flick. Everyone should go see it so that some half-way decent motorcycle movies get the green light. If this one tanks, it will be another 10 years before we get a motorcycle flick.

I'm ready for Moss and Reeves dicing through traffic on a Ducati in the Matrix. Well, at least their texture maps. anyway. :P

Is spring here yet?

detansinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 03:57 PM   #27
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default That is not confirmed!

One person was told by his dealer that that was true, but I believe other dealers had contrary information -- plus, I follow quite a few other motorcycle sites and have seen nothing. I suspect this dealer either didn't get his order placed, or wants to "upgrade" buyers to the faired version at a fatter profit margin. Before giving up on the SV1000, I'd check with a couple of local dealers.

Don't blame you about not wanting to wait for July though!

Cheers

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 04:20 PM   #28
Betamax
Founding Member

Default Re: Z1000

You asked for opinions, so I'll be brutally honest.

The Kawi Z1000's loud paint schemes; the little colored circles on the engine; the 4-into-2-into-4 pipes: all these things together scream "poser bike" louder than a gold-plated Fatboy.

On the other hand, the FZ1 is universally regarded as a great bike. My buddy rode his FZ1 from coast to coast at speed and in comfort. I've ridden it and it kicks serious butt.

If you want a great bike, get an FZ1. If you just want to get noticed, get the Z1000.

I might ride the Z1000 if I was in a circus and wearing a clown costume. Otherwise, no.
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 05:52 PM   #29
RonXX
Founding Member

Default Re: Z1000

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course, but some of the characteristics you are deriding here can be found in many bikes featured in "The Art of the Motorcycle". One point of concern for me is the build quality of the FZ1 compared to the Z1000. Over the top exhausts and nice mechanical components (ie colored engine pieces) are great in my opinion. I agree that the orange is gross though.

Good for the FZ1: less electronic components exposed to the elements

Bad for FZ1: some of the components are very cheaply made. I noticed the plastic guards on the radiator had tons of flash left on them at the edges.

Good for Z1000: every piece looks very well fitted and manufactured. The standard wheel hugger will keep crud out of shock.

Bad for Z1000: some of the paint on the plastic parts is thin, particularly the 'frame' things and the radiator guards.

While the Z1000 is a little out there, I don't like the FZ1 because it is so bland in comparison. Isn't it ironic that the FZ1 made all other standards look bland 2 years ago? Whatever though, I'll call a buddy of mine who had an FZ1 and see what he has to say about it.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 06:44 PM   #30
KPaulCook
Banned

Well said. I'll go just to see bikes on the big screen. And like you said it will be 10 years before we see a bike in a flick if it tanks The last decent flick that had a good motorcycle scene in it was Mission Impossible 2.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote