Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-30-2003, 02:33 PM   #1
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Honda CBR600RR Reader Feedback

What happened? Did they not invite you?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2003, 03:04 PM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I picked this little tidbit off the review:

"we don't really need to ride this new RR to know it's going to be a far more capable motorcycle than nearly everybody who buys one."

I think that quote should have been taken from the 1985 intro, don't you? I think KPaul could probably drain everything from this baby though.
Old 01-30-2003, 03:17 PM   #3
jmeyn
Founding Member

"I think that quote should have been taken from the 1985 intro, don't you? I think KPaul could probably drain everything from this baby though. "

And vice versa.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:22 PM   #4
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Here's some actual information

2WF review

The more I read about this bike the more I like it.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:31 PM   #5
bimota
Founding Member

Default I really expect more from my subscription dollar.

You didn't even get to ride it!? This looks like a last minute re-write of the Honda web site and press releases. Motorcycle Daily had the first part of their free review up almost a week ago. What am I paying for? Is this the kind of "scoop" you're talking about on the subscription page?
bimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 04:03 PM   #6
ckirk
Registered Member

I had been down in Pahrump doing a trackday on Sunday the 19th & decided to stick around & on Monday so I could do some business stuff as well as stop by & say hi to Freddie Spencer. I was just a lowly student of his last February & I credit his trail braking teachings with saving my life on my trip back to Wyoming from the Laguna WSB races. That's another story & I digress but Freddie is one heck of a guy & suffice it to say that felt more than comfortable stopping by.

During our talk he told me the new CBR600RR's were being prepped for the US intro on Wednesday up at the Paddock area & I was welcome to stop by on the way out. Cool!

Freddie's not shy or reserved in his support of all things Honda but his enthusiasm about the bike was evident & to my perception completely sincere. Over the weekend he had put in two solid days of riding this bike & figured he'd done about 70 laps each day. He described the bike as being about as close to a racebike as any production bike he had ever ridden. He made a point of clarifying this statement by saying that what he meant was that the bike had very tight manufacturing tolerances in the chassis & suspension that result in reproducible results when changes or adjustments are made. For his level of riding this communication between bike & rider was as good as he had experienced ever in a production bike. He said Miguel had been there doing some schooling & was just as impressed.

I did stop by the Paddock as the bikes were being prepped & just looked. There were a bunch of American Honda, Japanese Honda & Dunlop folks there & they were silent & pretty intense as they were putting the bikes together. I didn't want to bother anyone so I kept my mouth shut. I'll just say the level of build quality seems very high & the solid black one that I was ogling was well packaged & put together & is right up there as one best & cleanest looking oriental scoots I have ever seen.

Even as an Italian twin guy I could find myself owning one of these based on that short visit. Can't wait to ride one!
ckirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 04:04 PM   #7
Nem
Registered Member

Default Re: I really expect more from my subscription dollar.

rather get pissed about not being told why then "circumstances out of MO's control", and besides, 12 bucks is cheap.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 04:15 PM   #8
staff
Registered Member

Default Re: I really expect more from my subscription dollar.

Yeah, well, you got on-board videos from Randy Mamola @Almeria on the Yam R6 AND the onboard Kawy ZX-6R. Ya can't get either of them anywhere else in the world, on- or off-line, in paper, on TV, anywhere. And they were a boatload of work. So give us a break, we can't control the world and sometimes things just don't go our way.

At least we spent the day writing up some information and giving you some wallpapers to play with until we do get to ride the bike.

staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 05:29 PM   #9
The_Gemini
Founding Member

Default Why don't you give me a break....and money back!

I guess as your customer I should expect intermittent information then is that it? The turnover here is pathetic. Hey I'm positive you're sick of everyone whining around here, but bottom line here is free sites are routinely smoking you guys and I could really just give a $hit about all the excuses. Let the apologists continue to paint whatever picture they like. Bottom line is I CHECK THIS PAY SITE VERY INFREQUENTLY BECAUSE I KNOW THE INFORMATION HERE IS GLACIAL IN ITS RATE OF CHANGE. Hey if this site rocked I'd pay $30 a year to join it and the money wouldn't be an issue. My job is a boatload of work and I'm not charging you $12 a year to listen to me tell you how hard I work so why don't you return the favor, increase the fee and hire more people, or go back to the free format and market yourself better. I notice the situation has deteriorated enough to not even show the subscriber ratio on the homepage anymore. Let me remind you it's your job to spend the day writing up information, not to remind me that you were nice enough to provide me with the product I paid you for in the first place.
The_Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 06:14 PM   #10
racin_ryan
Founding Member

This bike is awesome! I'm just debating which color should I get. That yellow just screams "Buy Me", but the red and black one looks like real Honda race bike and would match my already red and black riding gear. Honda has made quite a predictment for me!!!!!
racin_ryan is offline   Reply With Quote