Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-31-2003, 08:04 PM   #61
Sam_Freed
Registered Member

Default I'm sorry to disturb you Mr. Spencer . . .

. . . but if you could only lean forward ever so slightly I could get to that last kernel of corn.
Sam_Freed is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2003, 03:34 AM   #62
CONMAN
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Honda CBR600RR Reader Feedback

I take it that Honda must be saying that the

Yamaha R6 has always been a better bike than the CBR, since they are copying some of the designs that Yamaha has been using to improve their new CBR. Oh well it sounds like the 03 600 shoot out will be something.
CONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 07:37 AM   #63
gooseman_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Lay off MO, let's all email Honda

Good Idea. Although MO may prefer to handle this on their own. The best I could find is thier snail-mail and telephone # Here it is:

Motorcycle Division,

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

P.O. Box 2220

Torrance, CA 90509-2220

Mail stop: 100-4W-5B

Telephone: (310) 532-9811

This tread is pretty old so I don't know how many will se this. If I were considering honda as my next perchase I'd let them hear about this. Especially if I was in the market for one of the new 600s (I'm getting an '03 SV650s). Good luck!
gooseman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 08:01 AM   #64
speavler
Founding Member

Default complainers: nothing matters 'till side by side comparo

Thanks for the article MO. I'm sure you guys were bummed that you didn't get to ride one. But lets get real - nothing you write could matter all that much until you get a chance to compare each bike side by side.

And I'm really hoping you hold off on a comparo until you can get all six competing jap bikes (including F4i and ZX-6R). I'm curious to see if the 600RR and ZX-6RR are worth the premiums on the MSRP (possibly even higher premiums on out-the-door prices).

Am I right - the CBR600RR weighs in 15 pounds more than the ZX-6R and 37cc less? Not that weight is everything - I whipped my roommate riding a YZF600R vs his F4i on the Hwy 1 twisties to Stinson Beach last week (and I do mean whipped - had to stop to see if he wrecked or something) giving up like 50lbs plus my additional 25# of body weight; but worth discussing none the less.
speavler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 12:19 PM   #65
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Weak!

MO would also like to get their bikes fast "genius". Whining about it on a post isn't going to change what happened. Go back to your "free" sites. You know, the ones that are free, and um free, and did I mention free? This is a discussion; one where I said you are clueless. Sorry, I have no patience for people that don't participate here except to complain. Try finding out what happened, or post a news story, or maybe even try to post something other than *****ing. Nobody is more sorry about what happened than the MO staff. My latest issus of Cycle World didn't even have a test this month so I'll take your bet. Maybe I should go cry about it like you do. Grow up.
Old 02-01-2003, 01:00 PM   #66
The_Gemini
Founding Member

Default Re: That was beautiful Gemini!

Yeah I know, it was Friday and I was bored, so I figured a little flame session would keep everybody awake for a little while.
The_Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 01:34 PM   #67
seruzawa
The Toad

Right on Longride! I understand about the boring people. Why, I was looking over some of these posts about yet another 600 inline 4 that's completely unsuited for street or highway riding andzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................
Old 02-02-2003, 07:01 AM   #68
ofreen
Registered Member

Default Re: 2003 Honda CBR600RR Reader Feedback

Thanks. Good luck.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 06:05 AM   #69
crankin500
Founding Member

Default Hard work too......

Ouch! Those darn paper cuts are just aweful. How about a product review of those cute little "looney tunes" band-aids.
crankin500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 05:06 AM   #70
chriss_1
Founding Member

"My latest issus of Cycle World didn't even have a test this month so I'll take your bet. "

Funny you should mention that.. My new issue of Motorcyclist which arrived yesterday has a nice first RIDE of the 600RR, along with a ride of the R6 (yes I know MO already has one). Let me know where you want me to send my paypal info to collect on the bet

Anyway, I think my point is made. At least there was a good SV1k article yesterday. Just keep more of those coming.
chriss_1 is offline   Reply With Quote