Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-31-2003, 12:24 PM   #51
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Honda CBR600RR Reader Feedback

Johnny Walker (is that Red or Black?)

You have expressed your point of view very well, and I doubt you will get flamed for doing so. Some of those who criticise come across as whiners and b!tchers, and do not have any constructive criticism, and we will tend to jump on them a bit.

For me, personally, the point of this site is not to always have the fastest information on every topic. I think how well they do at getting news our quickly depends on the subject matter.

In my case, I am a big roadracing fan, so I monitor several sites that generally have the information first. Frequently, when I see something that I think would be interesting to the MOfos, I pop back here and post the info or a link.

Several months back, when the factories were releasing pictures and specs for the 2003 models, it seems that MO was about as quick as anyone in getting the information posted.

Except for the test of the new 600 Kwacker (which test was rained out) and this test (reason not specified), MO has been about as quick as anyone in getting the road and track tests published.

You are absolutely right that this is a competitive marketplace, and as such, not every customer will agree that the value is worth the price. Just like KPaul and I will never agree that the exra I paid to buy a Ducati, compared to what he paid for his Ninja, is justifiable.

Cheers

Bob

rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2003, 02:29 PM   #52
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default What is Character

A fault with a bike you love is "character" while the same fault on one you don't makes it a piece of $hit.

Character is a small birthmark on the cheek of a beautiful woman -- to a purist, it might be a flaw, but to most of us, she is all the more attractive because of it. That is how I feel about the vibration of my SR500 thumper, or the dry clutch rattle of my Ducati.

Character is the Rolling Stones, as compared to say, NSYNC. Lyrics and music are a lot rougher, faces a lot more grizzled. Could say those are flaws, but even my 17-year-od daughter recognized that the Stones have more character. My 75-year old mother, however, prefers NSYNC. She also likes her Honda Accord a lot.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 03:27 PM   #53
ofreen
Registered Member

A perfectly fine and informative write-up, Mr. Burns. So how come you didn't get to ride one?
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 04:44 PM   #54
The_Gemini
Founding Member

Default The miserable old loser responds!

Tell you what why don't I just pay you $11.94 to go drive yourself at high speed into a bridge abutment you pusillanimous, disaffected, defender of mediocrity. My comment wasn't directed at you, you short membered, starbucks hating little gnome. In fact I was voicing my opinion as a paying customer who feels like he's not getting enough service here...sort of like your little guy feels on a nightly basis...and no I'm not counting your throttle hand here. You want to open your stinking piehole then I guess you've got to expect to dine on $hitburgers then don't you Samwiseguy? Feel free to retort as I look forward to taunting you a second time tomorrow evening. P.S. Hope you get lucky tonight...oh and by the way I kick my wife and beat my dog actually!
The_Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 04:47 PM   #55
The_Gemini
Founding Member

Default Re: Why don't you give me a break....and money back!

Yeah but it wouldn't be a message board without easily hooked fish would it? Besides I seriously do believe the content here just didn't improve with the subscription format. But besides all that look at how torqued old Sam gets below. Couldn't resist the ego deflating opportunities he afforded me so I had to respond.
Old 01-31-2003, 04:51 PM   #56
ciao
Founding Member

Default Lay off MO, let's all email Honda

ThereÂ’s really a simple answer to all this crap about MO not being invited to the party.

Look at the equation. Honda wants a big splash with the debut of the new 600RR. And here at MO we want to hear about from Burns, Alexander et al. first.

Never forget who we are. The paid readership of the world's largest motorcycling magazine, whether online or off, with over 1.3 million visits per month.

LetÂ’s everybody email Honda telling them theyÂ’d better court MO or else weÂ’re not listening.

That until we hear about it from MO, it doesnÂ’t count.

Maybe someone can get the email address for Honda for this purpose.

That way, the party wil lbe held in honor of Burns and Alexander- [i]and us!

ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 04:54 PM   #57
The_Gemini
Founding Member

Default Re: Why don't you give us a break and shut the #*@% up!

Good news Sam I'll be gone in only 68 days so mark that calender with your crayons and put on your happy face as I amble merrily out of your existence. Oh and by the way I hate Starbucks and to show you there's no hard feeling I left you a little love note below. Don't forget to wash behind those ears, say those prayers, and put on that idiot grin as you head out into that perfect customer service world where nothing is less than perfect. Only 68 days to the subscription surge Sammy old boy!
Old 01-31-2003, 05:04 PM   #58
johnnyb
Founding Member

MO is currently in the Honda Doghouse for various transgressions, about which we are supposed to soon meet and, we sincerely hope, rectify. Naturally, we hated to miss the intro, but them's the breaks. Thank you to all of you who remain loyal MOites, we do the best we can and sometimes it ain't that great. A big attaboy to Longride. Attaboy.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 05:52 PM   #59
chriss_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Weak!

Someon's a little defensive aren't they?

" What exactly did you learn from their informative test? I learned nothing."

Show me something in this article that hasn't been available on Honda's site for a couple months. Same old specs, same ole standard Honda photos.

"Yeah you mentioned it was free. You are free not to come here too."

Good one.. That's the answer, I should just go away and shut up. Oh wait, this is a discussion forum..

"They also do real tests here, not a ride around the block and 2 shots with the digital."

Too bad we don't have one yet of a new '03 600s, even though people are starting to ride them all over the country as we speak.. So much for the speed of the internet mag.. I'm betting I'll get the test info I need from the newstands first. Any takers?

"Yeah, go take your whiney ass there to complain and see who gives you are reaming on those sites. Boring sites with boring people. You should fit in well. "

Another intelligent response.. You're good.

I'll clue you in on the point of this post, genius, before you waste any more time targeting me with your misdirected anger. It's that I'd really like it if MO would get the new bike info I want just as fast or faster than anyone else in the US. The fact is, they don't. period.
chriss_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 05:56 PM   #60
Sam_Freed
Registered Member

Default That was beautiful Gemini!

I rest my case!
Sam_Freed is offline   Reply With Quote